Privacy, security and cookies
Web Team Associates, Inc. has created this statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for our websites.
No personally identifiable customer information is sold or traded to unaffiliated companies.
Users have the option to not receive future communications. Please send an email asking to be removed.
We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our website. Your
IP address and email address are used to help identify you and your shopping cart and to gather broad demographic information.
This site may contain links to other sites. Web Team Associates, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
The personal information that We collect from you may include but not be limited to at least some of the following about you: your name, home address, home telephone number, mobile telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address and driver’s license information, and personal payment information (such as your check, credit or debit card information), collectively the “Personal Information”.
Our site needs to collect, use and disclose certain of your Personal Information in order you/your:
- To make a reservation for and/or complete the rental of equipment and/or storage space;
- To receive services related to your rental of equipment and/or storage space including but not limited to breakdown/roadside assistance;
- To purchase and/or use certain products or services;
- Online access to services and products at or through uhaul.com.
- Compliance with any contract for the rental of equipment and/or storage space and/or the purchase of products and services.
We may use your Personal Information with, and disclose your Personal Information to, other parties including but not limited to the following:
- U-Haul International, Inc. its parent, affiliates, related corporations and specifically its wholly owned subsidiaries, the “U-Haul Co” Rental Companies.
- U-Haul Co. Rental Companies dealers.
- U-Haul Co. Rental Companies related corporations and their affiliates/business partners.
- Vendors including but not limited to vehicle repair and/or tow truck companies that may provide breakdown/road side assistance.
- Credit card/debit card issuers.
- Credit reporting and fraud checking agencies.
- Debt collection agencies, if monies are owed.
- Government or private organizations responsible for the processing or handling of transportation, tolls, traffic/moving or parking related violations.
- Transportation or driver licensing authorities, directly or through intermediary organizations.
- Government, judicial, regulatory and law enforcement agencies where the disclosure is required or authorized by law.
- Insurance companies.
Have you heard a bit about 'cookies' and wondered what they mean to your web browser?
Our intent is to provide privacy, integrity, and authentication in regards to our internet communication. The security measures we have taken are intended to secure and encrypt your data, so that a third party cannot capture, read or access the information while it is in transit between your computer and our system.
Specifically, we use standard-based internet protocols to safeguard the information you provide during the purchase, payment and most information submittal processes. We use a secure server implementing the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol to interact with you when you provide personal information during the purchase and payment processes. These processes use up to 128 bit encryption.
We limit internal access to our servers and require that Web Team Associates, Inc. employees use integrity in performing their jobs and conducting business.
Changes in our policy
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact:
Web Team Associates, Inc.
2727 N. Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Effective date: June 4, 2014
U-Haul Co. (Canada) Ltd. ("U-Haul") recognizes and respects your right to privacy. U-Haul further recognizes the importance of protecting your personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") under the Canadian - Personal Information and Protection of Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").
The purposes for U-Haul's collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information:
Purposes: We need to collect, use and disclose certain of your Personal Information in order for you to make a reservation for and/or rental of, equipment and/or storage space, or for the purchase and/or use of products or other services from us, or for your personal online access to U-Haul services and products at uhaul.com (collectively "Our Services")
Collection of Personal Information
The Personal Information that we collect from you will include at least some of the following about you: name, home address, telephone number, e-mail address and driver's license information, and personal payment information (such as your check, credit or debit card information).
How we collect your Personal Information will depend on how you use Our Services. For example, we may collect your Personal Information directly from you by telephone, fax, e-mail, at the store counter, or upon or through your use of our web sites.
Use and disclosure of Personal Information
In order to further provide Our Services to you, we may use your Personal Information with, and disclose your Personal Information to, related or non-related third parties including but not limited to the following:
- U-Haul parents and related corporations
- Independent U-Haul dealers and U-Haul related corporations and their dealers and affiliates
- Credit card/debit card issuers
- Credit reporting and fraud checking agencies
- Debt collection agencies, if you fail to pay monies owed to us
- Government or private organizations responsible for the processing or handling of transportation, traffic or parking related violations
- Transportation or driver licensing authorities, directly or through intermediary organizations
- Government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies where the disclosure is required or authorized by law
- Insurance companies
U-Haul does not sell, trade in, barter or exchange for payment or any consideration, any of your Personal Information that it has obtained.
Your interaction with your Personal Information; How to contact us
If you wish to withdraw or change your consent to our use and disclosure of your Personal Information, or if you wish to review and change your Personal Information, or if you would like to contact us with a complaint regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information, or if you would like additional information regarding the privacy practices of U-Haul, please contact our Privacy Officer as follows:
3rd Floor, South Tower
2727 N. Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85004