Customer Reviews for Decent Car & Truck Rental & Services
Customer feedback is extremely important to us. We use these reviews to guide our efforts and improve our service. Everything that follows is direct from our customers, without any filtering or editing on our part.
Testimonials from recent customers of Decent Car & Truck Rental & Services
Supposed to open at 8, employee showed up at 8:15. Truck back door was frozen shut. Second truck was dirty in cab, needed to be washed not just vacuumed.
difficult to find the location. u-haul should pay for the location to have a bigger sign.
The location was very convenient for me and the vehicle was in pristine condition. The office and lot however could do with a good spring cleaning....
The representative was personable and very courteous a pleasure to do business with. Thanks for the business
very honest, friendly and patient attendant, willing to do what it takes to satisfy my U-Haul needs !
My cargo van was quite dirty and the bumper was falling off, but it ran fine and the gentleman behind the counter was very friendly and cheerful. And great location. Thanks!
Very easy to speak with - kind and accommodating..
Allow credit card payments over the phone
This is the only good experience I have had with U-haul, I will use it again.
At the pickup location the odometer reading that we were originally quoted was incorrect. We had to ask for it to be changed.
Also, the gas gauge was misread - this also had to be adjusted.
The person did make and changes for us no problem.
Fix the ignition key issue on the van provided - otherwise excellent
the person on that day was not really friendly and did not talk to you when you arrived or much after that.
The truck was in good condition but could have been cleaned better.
a few extra spots in the parking lot, might be a great option, as having no place to park a used vehicle may be difficult.
Good experience, good equipment, helpful personnel -- excellent.
Just had a problem with the back door..
Nice guy at the counter. Easy location. Did full inspection of truck before leaving. Very professional. I would use this location again.
It was a little out of the way as I was expecting a pick up at River Street and Dundas area but was directed to Dupont......
Location was tight for space and lacks parking
This location is good. My beef is with Uhaul.
It made a reservation to location A on Day x.
On day x, I find my reservation is at Location B, and I need to trek all the way across down via transit to get to Location B.
I arrive at Location B, and there is a sign saying they are closed. Uhaul credited me $50 and made a reservation at this place across town.
I arrive at this place, and find a sign saying they are closed, BUT they left a number, and someone came to help me and saved the day.
I've been here before. It is my go-to location.
1) In my booking confirmation there was no address, just a business name (Decent Car and Truck Rental). If you Google that business name you only get one location - that's where I went to rent my truck and i was told that they actually have six locations in the city, and that I had to go somewhere else. It was some distance away, and they didn't offer a ride or seem sincere at all about the mix up. There were 4 other people in line behind me that also had the same issue with the address.
2) When I eventually got to that other location, it was absolutely seedy, and I didn't feel safe there at all.
3) I waited for 20 minutes for someone to check me in for my rental. There was zero customer service, and the rental desk was dirty, cramped, and cold.
4) When I got the rental it had dirt, snow, and ice all over the floor of the cargo section.
5) When I returned the truck the location had closed hours early for no reason (the location was supposed to be open until 7pm, and I returned the truck at 5pm). I had no idea how much I was going to be charged, and I had no idea really where to leave the truck as their lot was packed and had not been plowed.
6) I have moved between provinces and cities before using UHaul, but the quality of customer service of UHaul has gone down so much that I will not be a returning customer again. Aside from the actual truck itself, I felt strung along, unsafe, and worried about what I might get charged to my credit card. I would actively dissuade people from using this location, or UHaul in general.
Visa system was down and required me to wait 45min to get truck. I arrived at office at 3:45pm for drop off and it was closed when posted time was 4pm. Was not impressed.
figure out how to make room for return vehicles without inconveniencing customers.
My Uhaul reservation email stated that pickup is at "Decent Car & Truck Rental & Services" in Toronto, but did not provide a specific address or contact phone number. Searching online for "Decent Car & Truck Rental & Services" provided the /wrong/ location (960 Bathurst St). Therefore, I (along with a a few other customers this morning) went to the wrong location. The correct location is on Dupont St. This difficulty in locating the pickup site, combined with the absence of phone contact details, made the experience difficult for myself as well as other customers.
Maybe do a better job of clearing the snow on the driveway but otherwise great!
A person on
The phone line named Amalah was extraordinarily helpful. After my pickup location, truck size, and pickup time were changed on me the night before my move- all of which were incredibly inconvenient - she helped me by finding me a better location, truck size, and the original pickup time. All this at 7:30pm. She turned a panic situation into a positive one.
The email confirmation I received confirmed a u-haul location downtown. Upon arrival (at 8am sharp) the representative advised me that my reservation was not at that location and gave me a number to call (u-haul main line). He did not explain what the issue was nor did he try to help resolve my issue. He was rude, dismissive and uncooperative in helping my situation.
I contacted the number given to me and after being on hold for 20 mins, finally was told that there was a mixup in the reservation and that I had to go uptown to pickup the vehicle. I had to rush to rent the vehicle and get it back in time as it was on the roster for another client at noon. Despite losing an hour of my reserved time and dealing with a rude representative, it was made up by the phone rep who gave me credit due to the mixup and the rep at the new location who was happy to assist.
Great service, quick and easy check in. After hours drop off was very convenient.
Attendant was very accommodating re the change of van size & very helpful with understanding the bill.
I will never use this location again. I specifically choose this location for their 8am open time. On my first rental, they opened 20 minutes late. A week later on my second rental, they opened almost 2 hours late. The most frustrating part was that I called both the location owner and U-Haul Customer service 3 times and was told each time that the rep was only 10 minutes away. To top it off, when I asked the rep why he was 2 hours late, he said “he didn’t know because he didn’t work at that location”. Another lie as he served me the week before. I’m usually pretty laid back but this was totally unprofessional and unacceptable.
Collen is a great representative of your company!!
The guy there is awesome with customers! Keep it up
Should have some adjustment in price for customers who need a van for just half day. Maybe a 10, 15 or 20 % discount.
This was the best experience I have ever had at a U-Hal