July 31, 2015
To whom it may concern:
Because I have just moved, I had to wait over a week to get internet and phone installed in my new house. I just got internet and phone installed this week, which has now given me the opportunity to gather all of my documentation regarding an outrageous error on the part of Uhaul, which not only ended up costing me hundreds of extra dollars, but also several extra hours of time and considerable inconvenience to myself and those who assisted me in acquiring an autotransport (which SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN MINOT on Thursday, July 16, 2015 at 6:30 pm as I reserved and was assured).
First of all, I made my reservation on 7/4/2015. I originally requested a late afternoon, early evening time to pick up my UHaul and autotransport. My reservation number was 92771152. I have the documentation for proof.
• When I was contacted regarding the equipment I reserved, I was told that my equipment would be at the Minot Uhaul, ready for pick up at 6:30 pm on Thursday, July 16, 2015.
• I got to UHaul between 6:15 & 6:30 pm on Thursday, July 16, 2015. The time I had been given to pick up my equipment was 6:30 pm.
• A 26 foot truck was available for me to pick up, however, an autotrasport to fit my 2015 Highlander was not there as had been reserved.
• I was told by Uhaul personnel that the person who was supposed to have dropped off the autotrahnsport at 1:00 still had it.
• Uhaul personnel then got ahold of the individual who had the autotransport I reserved and I was then told that the autotransport would be there before 7:00 pm that evening, Thursday, July 16, 2015.
• It was suggested to me by UHaul personnel that I could come back on Friday to pick up my autotransport.
• I told her that was not an option because I lived in Plaza and that would be close to 100 extra miles for me to go back to Plaza and then come back to pick it up.
• In the meantime, friends were waiting for me to meet them at their house in Minot. I contacted them by phone to let them know that I was waiting for the autotransport.
• The friends stated that they would be willing to pick up the autotransport for me and bring it to me (with my Highlander on it) on Saturday since they were going to come and help me load the remaining of the Uhaul van on Saturday morning.
• The gal at the desk ASSURED me that the autotransport would be there, with my name on it on Friday and that my friends could pick it up and that no one else would be able to take it since I had reserved it.
• When my friends arrived on Saturday morning (approximately 8:00 to 8:30 a.m.) to pick up my autotransport, there was no autotransport for my vehicle, as I had reserved, and had been assured there would be.
• As a result, I spent nearly three hours, using my my cell phone talk minutes. This caused me to run out of talk minutes on my cell phone until my monthly plan renews on August 14. In the meantime, it costs me $.25/minute to talk on my cell phone. This has not hap