Our core value belief
We work at never forgetting that our quality self-move, self-storage and closely related services and products are to improve human lives. We work at never forgetting that these collective services and products are for the do-it-yourself moving public.
Improving life - work balance
U-Haul is a family-oriented company that highly values its team members and treats each team member like family. The company was started by a family who wanted to help other families move. When talking to any member of our team, sooner or later each one will say that the company is like a family to them. With a strong family philosophy engrained in the company since day one, U-Haul has developed programs that compliment the federally compliant health-care plans being provided...programs aimed at establishing the right balance between life and work, for our team members and their families. Here are just some of the Improving Life - Work Balance programs U-Haul has available.
One recent Accenture survey found that work-life balance topped respondents' definition of career success, ahead of money, recognition, autonomy or even making a difference.
- Education on healthier lifestyles and time management.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Work from home opportunities.
- U-Haul Kids Program a 24/7 free virtual consultation with a doctor and includes free medication(s) (for children 12 and under).
- Nurse-on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Regional health and benefit fairs that allow family members to receive a wellness check free of charge.
- Free work-out classes at corporate headquarters.
- Free online courses for personal and professional development at U-Haul University.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Discounted tuition at University of Phoenix.
- Savvy consumer wellness tips and cost saving advice on healthcare.
- Discount programs on personal cell phone service, auto insurance, computers, automobile purchase and hotels.
- Commuter benefit program.
- U-Haul Federal Credit Union.