Our Community Outreach
U-Haul International, Inc. has an obligation to the local communities in which we do business, and for many years we have focused on the endorsement of social programs by partnering with agencies and events that directly serve the most basic of human needs – food, clothing and shelter. U-Haul also has a commitment to supporting many military and veteran organizations, as well as organizations that benefit the community as a whole. U-Haul helps the organizations we support through in-kind donations of equipment, self-storage and merchandise.
Requests for donations must be submitted in writing at least three weeks prior to the event or need, and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. All requests are reviewed in the order in which they are received. Please note requests can take at minimum three weeks to process and up to six weeks during high volume times (holidays, etc).
If you feel your organization meets the U-Haul charitable criteria, please follow the guidelines below and submit your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donation submission guidelines:
- All requests must be submitted by a charitable organization with 501(c)3 status; no requests from individuals will be considered.
- Name of charitable organization
- Name of person requesting assistance
- Contact email and phone number OR physical mailing address
- Type of donation being requested
- How will the donation be used
- Reservation number for the equipment or storage being requested.
- Name on the reservation
- Date donation is needed, i.e. rental pick-up date or storage move-in date (Block out dates include the following holidays: Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day in which blocked dates include three days prior to the holiday and three days after the holiday)
- Name of U-Haul location, city and state
- A copy of the charitable organization's 501(c)3 tax information.You must be established for a minimum of three years.
Not eligible for donations:
- Any requests received outside of the three-week time frame.
- Requests from individuals with a hardship scenario. U-Haul does not have a charitable foundation, formal grant or scholarship program.
- Monetary donation requests.
- The person/organization submitting the request for donation intentionally submits the request through the wrong or multiple channels.
- Any organization that does not have an established 501c3 status.
- Beauty pageants and individual competitions.
- Race teams and car clubs.
- School activities and sports teams.
- Organizations that do not directly benefit the members of the local community in which they are based.
- Telephone-solicitation groups of any nature, including "for profit" companies receiving a percentage of money raised.
- Political entities.
- Use of trucks to transport animals. U-Haul moving vans are not designed for transporting animals and do not provide for proper ventilation and airflow. It is against the terms of the rental agreement to transport any living animal in the back of U-Haul moving vans.
- Requests for the donation of a truck or trailer for ownership. U-Haul does not donate its fleet of retired trucks or trailers.
Victims of a disaster
U-Haul has a long-time policy of assisting those in need during natural disasters, such as hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, fires, etc., by offering 30 days of free self-storage and U-Box moving and self-storage containers at participating U-Haul self-storage facilities on an as-available basis.
U-Haul Offering 30 Days of Free Self-Storage and U-Box Moving and Self- Storage Containers to Residents Affected by Recent Tornadoes Throughout the South Central United States
If you need assistance with more than the 30-days-free self-storage, we have been advised to provide you with the following instructions: Register first with FEMA at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) and then register with the American Red Cross at 1-866-GET-INFO (438-4636).
Disaster relief assistance requests
Because during times of disaster the need is so great with the volume of requests we receive U-Haul has partnered and is cooperating with the American Red Cross, the military, government agencies, local police and fire departments, and organizations we have existing partnerships with, to help and support the victims of this terrible disaster. If you are involved with any of these groups, please email your assistance request to email@example.com.
Customers with reservations in an area affected by recent storm activity
If you have any questions about your existing reservation please contact 800-GO-UHAUL (800-468- 4285).