Money Saving Moving Tips and More
PHOENIX (May 1, 2014) — Whether you are a student returning home for the summer or simply planning a move over the upcoming Memorial Day weekend, U-Haul wants to help you keep more money in your pocket. As the do-it-yourself moving industry leader since 1945, we know the most cost-effective ways for you to move, and we’re always eager to pass our helpful tips on to you. So read on for money-saving tips that will allow you some extra spending cash.
Money saving moving tips:
- Save money on your rental equipment by avoiding the weekend rush and especially try to avoid the end of the month when rental leases expire.
- Typically, Sunday through Thursday offer greater equipment availability at a better cost…plus, banks, utilities and government offices are open.
- Prior to your move, check out the U-Haul Online Moving Supply Calculator and Planner (http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/packingplanner.aspx) to help you determine how many boxes you will need. Buy more boxes and supplies than you think you might need as U-Haul has a 100 percent buyback guarantee on all boxes and moving supplies with a receipt.
- If you are making a one-way move, be sure to take advantage of the free month of self-storage. Customers can utilize the free storage before or after a one-way move.
- Protect your belongings! The last expense you want to incur is replacing your personal belongings because they were damaged due to poor packing. Protect your items by using the proper moving supplies, such as U-Haul packing peanuts, which are 100 percent biodegradable, bubble wrap or U-Haul furniture pads made from recycled denim.
- Rent a trailer instead of a truck. Trailers are more affordable as you will save money on gas. Plus with an in-town move, you only pay a daily rental rate and don’t have to pay any mileage fees.
- Prior to moving, look into your homeowner’s insurance policy. Some policies will cover belongings while moving as long as the insurance policy is in force during the move.
For more moving tips and common mistakes to avoid, visit: http://www.uhaul.com/About/374/1/Media-Relations
Other moving tips resources:
Moving Insider Blog: http://movinginsider.com/tag/tips/
U-Haul Official Videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL023786C1FEAFE54C