Watch the video above to see what fits inside a 5’ x 15’ storage unit.
How big is a 5’ x 15’ storage unit?
A 5’ x 15’ storage unit is roughly the same size as an extended or large walk-in closet. This narrow storage space is ideal for storing the contents of a one-bedroom or studio apartment.
- 75 sq. ft.
- 600 cu. ft.
Items commonly stored in a 5’ x 15’ storage unit
- Queen-Sized mattress set
- Dresser and nightstands
- TV stand and flat-screen TV
- Loveseat and chairs
- Bicycle and other sporting equipment
- Extra appliance (washer, dryer or refrigerator)
- Boxed clothing and household items
Popular uses for a 5’ x 15’ storage unit
- Moving to/from apartments
- Housing belongings mid-renovation
- Storing extra inventory and office supplies
What vehicle should I use to bring my belongings to storage?
- 15 ft. moving truck
Does a 5’ x 15’ storage unit seem like the right choice for your belongings? If so, you can find a self-storage facility near you. Or you can review our self-storage size guide to see what other sizes are available.
**Measurements are based on an 8 ft. standard ceiling height. All sizes are approximate.