Watch this short video on how to load your motorcycle onto a U-Haul motorcycle trailer.
Are you looking to transport your motorcycle? The U-Haul motorcycle trailer allows you to easily load and tow a motorcycle, whether for a cross-country move or for a quick haul to the shop. The motorcycle trailer rental is both affordable and reliable. Save time by reserving and scheduling your motorcycle trailer rental online today.
Follow these steps to properly load your motorcycle onto the trailer
- Actions prior to loading
- Engage the parking brake on the towing vehicle.
- Verify that the coupler is properly secured to the hitch ball.
- Ensure safety chains are secure.
- Prepare the trailer
- Place four ratchet straps inside the trailer, hooking one end of each strap to the heavy-duty D-rings.
- Remove latch pins on each side of ramp gate.
- Using handle, carefully lower ramp gate until it rests on the ground.
- Load the motorcycle
- Guide the motorcycle forward onto the trailer.
- Position the front wheel firmly within the wheel chock.
- Secure motorcycle with ratchet straps
- Begin securing ratchet straps.
- If needed, check motorcycle’s owner’s manual for recommended attachment points.
- Tighten ratchet straps evenly, ensuring motorcycle stays vertical.
- Secure rear ratchet straps to a solid point on the rear of the motorcycle’s frame.
The process of loading your motorcycle onto a U-Haul motorcycle trailer is now complete. We put safety first, so all motorcycle trailer customers are advised to load the trailer heavier in front, secure your cargo with the appropriate straps, drive slower than you normally would, and please, always wear your seatbelt.