How to Rent a Trailer using Self-Pick-Up
The Self-Pick-Up service lets you rent and pick up your trailer any time – day or night – without waiting in line for a U-Haul team member. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Smartphone with internet connect
- A U-Haul account (Need to create an account?)
- 4-Way Flat Light Connector on your towing vehicle (What’s this?)
How to Rent a Trailer using Self-Pick-Up:
Rent and pick up a trailer on your own schedule even after the stores are closed. In just a few easy steps, learn how to pick up your trailer, connect it and get on your way. After you’ve made a reservation and selected the Self-Pick-Up option, get to your designated pick up location to get started.
- Sign in to your U-Haul account and select “Ready to Pick up your Trailer?”.
- The next couple of screens will validate your trailer hookup to ensure you can tow your trailer safely. You’ll get some towing advisements and you can email them to yourself for future reference.
- The next screen will show you where you trailer is located. Make sure you’ve driven to your trailer.
- Now you will need to answer a few questions about the condition of your trailer. Report any damages you see on your trailer.
- To verify it’s you, you will need upload a photo of you and a photo of your driver’s license. You will need to wait a moment while your driver’s license and headshot are being reviewed.
- The only thing left is to choose a payment method and connect your trailer.
- Don’t worry! We’ll walk you through connecting your trailer and get you on your way.
- You’re all set! When you’re ready to return your trailer, bring it to your designated drop-off location.
Why Use Self-Pick-Up?
With Self-Pick-Up, you don’t wait on anyone. Get access to a trailer 24/7. We’ll show you where your trailer is, you can hook it up right there and be on your way. Drive it off the lot without needing to talk to a U-Haul representative and bring it back when you’re done!
Ready to Self-Pick-Up your trailer? After you’ve made reservation and selected the Self-Pick-Up option, your trailer rental will be ready 1 hour before your scheduled pick up time. Remember, you must be on a mobile device to self-pick-up your trailer.