- Do I have to sign a Lease?
No. A simple monthly storage contract is all that is required.
- How do I designate who can access my storage room?
At the time of move-in, simply let the U-Haul Staff member know the individuals whom you would like to be able to enter your storage room. Should you ever wish to change the authorized user of your room, you can add or remove individuals at www.uhaul.com or by sending a note to the facility.
- What are office hours and gate hours?
- The office hours are the hours when U-Haul staff is on site and available to assist you with your storage needs. Facility gate hours are the hours that your stored possessions are fully accessible to you.
- Does U-Haul charge Deposits or Administrative Fees?
- No. U-Haul does not charge deposits or administrative fees.
- Can I store an RV/boat/car/motorcycle?
- Many of our locations offer parking for RVs, boats, cars and other vehicles. Motorcycles will fit in a traditional storage room. Use our storage location finder to find the closest location to you.
- What is climate control?
Climate controlled rooms are maintained between the temperature range of 65 to 85 degrees. This feature helps protect your stored belongings from the extreme temperatures and harmful humidity.
- What does "on-site" manager mean?
"On-site" manager is a U-Haul employee, usually the Store Manager, who lives in an apartment on-site.
- Do I get a lock when I rent a unit?
- We require that all storage customers secure their rooms with a round discus style lock. These are available for sale at U-Haul, for your convenience, however you are not required to purchase the lock at U-Haul. Over 1.5 million of these locks have been sold since U-Haul began requiring all of our storage customers to use them and, as of date, not a single one has been broken into.
- Can I buy boxes and other packing supplies?
- Yes. All U-Haul Storage locations offer a full line of storage and moving supplies.
- Do you have moving carts available?
- Yes, flat bed cart and carts for mattresses are available at all U-Haul Storage Centers.
- Can I get insurance for my belongings?
Yes. Safestor insurance provides coverage for your belongings while in storage.
- How do I pay for my storage unit?
- U-Haul has multiple payment options: Automatic credit or debit cards, cash, e-check, or personal check. Online payments and automatic payment plans eliminate trips to the rental office. Make self-storage payments online.
- What kind of security does U-Haul offer?
- U-Haul offers multiple levels of security to protect your belongings. Levels of security can range from electronic gates to individually alarmed rooms, and may also include audio and video monitoring, perimeter fencing and intercom systems.