- How can you afford to sell at such low prices?
- U-Haul companies combine to make up the largest retailer of boxes and moving supplies in North America. It is that combined buying power of 1,500 company owned and 15,000 U-Haul dealers that makes these low prices (and savings) available to you!
- How many boxes do I need?
- Every home, apartment and office is different. We suggest you go room-by-room and work through our easy packing planner worksheet to better understand what supplies you'll need for your move.
- How strong are your boxes?
U-Haul set the standard by requiring all of the boxes we sell to have a minimum C-Flute structure. Importers, big box "discount" retailers and others pushing discount "moving kits" often offer boxes made with smaller B-Flute material, which is typically only 1/8" thick. That's 25 percent thinner than the C-Flute standard! In addition, specific kitchen, electronics and other specialty boxes are also double-walled for additional strength to protect your personal possessions.
All U-Haul Boxes are made to precise standards from the strength and flute structure of each box to the specific sizing that allows our customers to take advantage of easy loading and proper stacking while moving or used for storage.
- Is it true that U-Haul Centers offer FREE boxes?
- Yes! Although to be more specific, U-Haul customers offer free boxes to other customers. At U-Haul, we simply provided the online Box Exchange and a "TAKE A BOX / LEAVE A BOX" bin in every one of our company owned locations. U-Haul Boxes are so strong that they should be used again and again, and this is our way of promoting reuse and making that socially acceptable. Stop on by and ask any associate for FREE BOXES!
- How does your buy-back guarantee work?
- We understand the importance of proper packing. That's why we want you to take enough to protect all of your possessions without needing to make multiple trips back to the U-Haul store. And at U-Haul, we'll gladly refund the full purchase price of any unused box you return to us. We guarantee 100% buy-back of any unused U-Haul boxes, with receipt, at any U-Haul center location nationwide.
- How do orders ship?
- All orders are shipped via Fed-Ex ground (excluding orders that select expedited shipping).
- How long will it take to get my order?
- Orders placed before 10:00 AM (CST) will be processed and shipped the same day. Orders placed after 10:00AM (CST) will be processed and shipped on the next business day. To get an estimate on when your order will arrive, view our Shipping Information page. Most orders arrive in 2-4 business days.
- How does the pick up in-store option work?
- Many items in the moving supply store are also stocked at U-Haul Centers. As you shop online, you will be given the option to pick those items up at the U-Haul Center nearest to you, instead of having them shipped. If any item ordered is not stocked at our centers, you will not be given the in store pick-up option. Your entire online order (store pick-up items and items being shipped to your door) will be paid for during the online check out. You can then visit the U-Haul center you selected during your online checkout to pick those items up. The other items will be shipped to your door.
- How do I track my order?
To view, change or cancel any part of your order, go to the look up your order page and enter in your last name and order number. It will then display your list of orders, along with status and tracking information for each.
- How do I return an order that I have already received or is defective?
Within 30 days of delivery of your order, you may return any merchandise that is in
new condition including original packaging and accessories or merchandise found to be
defective. We are currently unable to accept returns of opened items, or items returned
more than 30 days after delivery date. Please contact us at 1-866-277-6855 from 6 a.m.
to 4 p.m. Arizona time (MST) to arrange for an RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization)
number. Once your order has arrived back at our warehouse and has been verified, we will
credit back the product cost (shipping will not be refunded unless a product was defective) within
2 to 5 days.
Any merchandise returned for any reason, without an RMA number, is subject to a restock / return shipping charge of 10%.
- How do I report damaged or missing items in my order?
- Please note: Items may ship from different warehouse locations and may arrive at different times. You can check the status of each item on your order by logging into your U-Haul account. If you find your FedEx or UPS shipment has arrived with items missing or damaged, OR, if you received a larger shipment sent by a common carrier and there is a loss or damage, note the loss or damage on the delivery receipt at the time of delivery. After the damage or loss has been reported on the delivery receipt, please contact us within two business days of the delivery by calling 1-866-277-6855 between 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. (MST) M-F or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I return items bought online to a U-Haul retail store?
- Only boxes can be returned to a U-Haul retail store. We will refund the full purchase price of any unused U-Haul boxes, with receipt, at any U-Haul center location nationwide. Find the nearest U-Haul location to return your unused boxes.
- Have additional questions?
- Contact us.