- Does U-Haul donate trucks to non-profits?
- U-Haul is committed to helping the communities we serve. We have several charities that we have been very loyal to over the years. Please read our philanthropy policy or contact public relations, for more information.
- I'm having trouble searching for equipment for sale, what do I do?
- If you have any questions about completing a used truck sales search, feel free to call us at 1-866-404-0355.
- What if I don’t see a certain size truck listed for sale when I do a search?
- Inventory levels vary by geographic area. Some areas will sell out of certain size trucks from time to time. However, with a fleet as large as ours, trucks come up for sale on a regular basis. Call us at 1-866-404-0355, so we can help you with your search!
- Where do I go to find specs for the equipment (dimensions, engine size, GVW, etc)?
- You can get general specifications by clicking on the trucks listed on the used truck sales home page. After you perform a search you can get specific details like mileage, maintenance history and a condition report for each truck we have listed for sale.
- Does U-Haul sell trailers?
- No, we currently do not sell trailers.
- Are sales prices negotiable?
- Yes! Once you have found a piece of equipment that you like, you can make an offer. The offer will either be accepted or you will receive a counter offer.
- I have an offer, is it acceptable?
- The best way to find out if an offer is acceptable is to make the offer at the location that has the truck. You can also make an offer for a piece of equipment online and a member of our sales team will contact you.
- Are equipment sales locations open on weekends?
- Yes, we are open on Saturday and Sunday! Call 1-866-404-0355 if you have any questions.
- What is the equipment buying process like?
Once you have located a truck on our website that you are interested in purchasing, you can make an appointment with the location to see the truck.
At the appointment you will be able to inspect, drive and determine if the truck is a good fit for you.
Upon deciding that you would like to purchase the truck, you can make an offer to the location and they will forward it to our authorization department for approval. You can also make an offer online, but ultimately you will have to go to the location to inspect, drive and purchase the truck.
The truck sales paperwork process only takes about 20 minutes. Once the paperwork is done you should have a receipt, bill of sale, and a buyers guide. The title for your purchased equipment should arrive at your address in about a week, unless you are in a state that requires U-Haul to complete the registration process.
- Is there a warranty on any of the equipment?
All box trucks are sold “as is” without a warranty. The only exception is where indicated by state law. We encourage you to test drive any truck you are interested in purchasing. You can also take any truck you are interested in to a mechanic for further inspection.
- What unique benefits come with buying a U-Haul truck?
- Every U-Haul truck has been maintained throughout its life in the U-Haul rental fleet. In addition, we offer free 30-day maintenance and support Our over-the-phone support will answer any questions you may have about your new truck. We also let you browse and buy parts below retail pricing at uhaultruckparts.com and uhaultrailerparts.com.