1. I rode my bike to the location and the woman there was gruff and told me to move my (expensive and clean road bike) outside. I told her that wasn't possible and she told me that it was in the way as she was moving boxes. During the entire time I was setting up my uhaul rental (express checkout online did NOTHING to make this process faster), she was nowhere to be seen.
2. She returned to expressly tell me that if I removed the tow dolly at any time, that I was expressly responsible. So here's the deal. They are not in a convenient location - seedy area with very dirty trucks, and they want you to leave your vehicle (in my case, overnight) to go pack and then, despite being only open limited hours, return in the morning (as I was loading overnight in order to attempt to avoid traffic in the PNW area of Seattle). However, they don't warn you how HEAVY that freaking tow dolly is and they don't maintain them to ensure that the lights (including turn signals) work properly. They did a brief cursory check of the lights, which worked on and off. When I was told that my lights weren't working, I tried to gps another UHAUL location and one was a storage unit only and the other down the road was a gas station that had no concept of how to view /resolve truck issues. He rented, only. So, how do they maintain trucks without this knowledge?
I finally called customer service which took nearly 4 hours and wasted conversation about how I could drive 3 miles (uhm, Fife, WA is more than 3 miles to Federal Way locations AND it was the middle of rush hour) to another location, despite my driving around already in a non-economical vehicle. Then, I had to wait for Kings to come and check it out. It took them more than 2 hours, but they were kind, professional and got it fixed so all lights and turn signals were working for my late night driving.
3. TERRIBLE mileage and power. In the midst of driving, there were times that the gears would shift on their own and completely slow me down from 60 to 40 without provocation! And, other times where the most I could drive was 40!!! And other times, where I'd have my foot OFF the gas, and it was gaining speed and I'd have to brake to slow down.
4. CLEANLINESS. Do you know the location at Rainier said they had no water. Well, you don't need water to wipe down the windshield (inside and out). I have pictures that are completely ridiculous how grimy it was. There are pistachio, chex mix (or something) and dog hairs all over the seats and floor boards. I wiped everything down with mr. clean wipes, including the floor boards. I didn't get everywhere, as my hands were raw from moving and cleaning. I cleaned the driver's side of the window and my first gas stop, I washed the outside windows and mirrors as well. Unbelievable how dirty it was.
4. Phone personnel didn't know their trucks. I was told that all trucks had two usb ports (no cigarette lighter ports). I'm a non-smoker, but had connectors for