5x10 Cargo Trailer Rental
The 5x10 cargo trailer is a perfect size enclosed trailer for smaller moves. With 230 cubic feet of space and the ability to load more than 1,500 lbs, this lightweight aluminum cargo trailer rental will meet your local towing needs. This mid-size cargo trailer is equipped with a low loading deck, padded rub rails and automatic brakes.
- Lightweight and aerodynamic
- Low Deck – Easy to load
- Lockable door for securing your goods
Our 5x10 cargo trailers are available for local rentals and long round trips. The 5x10 cargo trailer rental is a popular choice with businesses transporting new office furniture purchases, as well as moving items to-and-from of storage and then back into available office space. 5x10 cargo trailers are also very popular for apartment moving, as it has enough room to load items such as: a bed, couch, electronics and kitchen supplies, boxes and more.
Save time by reserving and scheduling your trailer rental online today. We put safety first, so all trailer customers are advised to load the trailer heavier in front, drive slower than you normally would, and please, always wear your seatbelt.
- Inside dimensions: 9'10" x 4'9" x 4'7" (LxWxH)
- Door opening: 3'9" x 4'0" (WxH)
- Lowest deck
- Softest ride
- Padded rub rails
- Automatic hydraulic surge brake
- Volume: up to 230 cu. ft.
- Max load: 1,550 lbs.
- Gross vehicle weight: 2,800 lbs. max.
- Empty weight: 1,250 lbs.
Towing vehicle requirements
- Must be equipped with a hard top if it is an SUV or Jeep. U-Haul does not allow any type of sport-utility vehicle not equipped with a hard top to tow U-Haul equipment.
- Tow vehicle and trailer lighting must be operational at all times, day and night. All U-Haul trailers and towing are wired with a 4-way flat light connector.
- The curb weight of your tow vehicle must be at least 80% of the loaded weight of the trailer.
- In order to tow, your vehicle must be equipped with an adequate hitch system and lighting connections. Your hitch system includes the receiver hitch, ball mount and ball. The overall rating is determined by the lowest rated component of the three. How to determine your hitch system rating.
- Must have 1-7/8" or, 2" hitch ball (2,000 lbs. minimum)
- Must not exceed maximum allowable hitch ball height 25"
- Must have external mirrors on both sides
- The allowed cargo in this trailer will be calculated based on the curb weight of your vehicle and the lowest rated component of your hitch system.
- Maximum recommended speed is 55 MPH
- Load trailers heavier in front.
- Reduce normal driving speed.
- Wear a seatbelt.
All rental truck and trailer measurements are approximate. The equipment you receive may vary in size, based on the engineering/design specifications of multiple-production models.