20ft Moving Truck Rental
Starting at $39.95
About this 20' Truck
Growing families use our 20ft moving truck when moving into a larger home. This truck is ideal for 2-3 bedroom homes or large apartments. Easily load up to two king size mattresses, a crib, tall or short dressers, a sectional sofa, a coffee table, end tables, and a 6-person dining table with chairs and you’ll still have plenty of room for boxes filled with other household items. Store your fragile items, like dishes or vases, safely away in Mom’s Attic to protect them from any shifting cargo.
- Moving Tip:
The key to loading your moving truck is to be organized and load the truck in tiers.
The U-Haul Advantages
- Fuel efficient Fleet – Use of cheaper, cleaner unleaded gas keeps your move fuel efficient
- Household Moving Made Easier – Our low deck and EZ-Load ramps cut loading time in half. Our Gentle-Ride suspension, rub rails, and tie downs allow for a secure easy ride for your furniture
- Convenient Locations – Over 20,000 locations for convenient pickup and return
- Chassis Skirts & Rounded Corners – Reduce wind drag and increase your fuel economy by 20%, saving you money on fuel
- U-Haul Truckshare 24/7® – Rent or return anytime
How big is a 20' truck?
- Inside Dimensions: 19'6" x 7'8" x 7'2" (LxWxH)
- Mom's Attic: 2'6" x 7'8" x 2'7" (LxWxH)
- Deck Height from Ground: 2'11"
- Door Opening: 7'3" x 6'5" (WxH)
- Max Load: 5,700 lbs.
- Gross Vehicle Weight: 14,500 lbs. max.
- Empty Weight: 8,800 lbs.
- Towing Capacity: Up to 7,500 lbs.
- Volume: 1,016 cu. ft.
What fits in a 20' truck?
- Up to 1,016 cu. ft.
- 2 Bedroom Home - 3 Bedroom Apartment
What is the gas mileage of a 20' truck?
- Fuel type: Unleaded
- Fuel tank capacity: 40 gal.
- MPG: 10*
- Fuel tank size: 40 gallons
*The miles per gallon calculations are estimations for ideal driving circumstances. Many conditions can affect this number, including driving with a load, road grades, weather conditions and vehicle speed.
What are the features of a 20' truck?
- ‘Van-Like’ Cab, fits up to 3 comfortably for long distance moves
- Air conditioning
- Automatic transmission
- Air bags
- AM/FM radio
- Disc brakes
What are the requirements to rent
a 20' truck?
- A valid standard license
- Drivers must be 18 years or older
- Two forms of identification, including a driver’s license are needed for a U-Haul truck rental