Looking for the best hitch mounted bike rack for your vehicle? Then the Thule T2 Pro XT bike rack may be the perfect choice for you! Known as one of the best hitch racks on the market, this Thule bike rack offers maximum strength, security, user-friendliness, and a straightforward installation and removal process. But before you can snag this incredible rack, your vehicle must have a hitch installed. If you are in need of a hitch installation, head to one of our 1,500 install locations.
Learn more about the rack’s features, install process and easy use!
The Thule T2 Pro XT bike rack has many features that are equipped to handle nearly any bike on the market! Check out these awesome design features:
- Holds 2 bikes
- Compatible with vehicles equipped with 2’’ receiver hitch (also available in a 1 ¼“ version)
- Easy install/removal of a bike rack with the tool-free AutoAttach system
- Load Capacity – 120 pounds (60 pounds per bike)
- Wheel Cradle can accommodate:
- 5’’ fat tire bike
- Mountain bike tires
- Narrow road bike tires
- Ratcheting wheel hook with rubber coating holds bikes into place without contacting the frame
- Generous spacing between bike mounts
- Adjustable Rear Wheel Cradle accommodates multiple frame sizes
- Wheel Size: 20’’– 29’’ wheels
- Complete locking convenience with an integrated cable lock and lock knob
- Bike rack can be folded easily when not in use and tilt away for rear access due to accessible HitchSwitch lever
- Sold separately: Thule T2 Pro XT Bike Add-on
How to Install
Installing the Thule T2 Pro XT bike rack is a very simple process. The only tools you’ll need to attach the system to your vehicle is your hands! Here is a step by step process on how to install the rack:
- Open the pin
- Lift the rack
- Place rack into the hitch receiver
- Once you slide the rack back, you can go ahead and close the pin and it will auto locate, securing the rack into place front to back
- Tighten the anti-wobble knob until it is fastened securely
- Take the keys provided and lock the rack into place
Watch this video if you would like a visual of the Thule T2 Pro XT installation process:
How to Use a Thule Bike Rack
- Place a palm on the lever and pull the rack out
- Lower the rack until it clicks into the bike install position
- Open the wheel hook and extend it to its furthest position
- Open the wheel ratchet strap
- Lift the bike and place a front wheel into the cradle and back wheel into the rear cradle
- Lock each wheel with the ratchet straps
- Lift the ratcheting wheel hook and secure the front wheel
- Secure the wheel hook as close as possible to the fork without making contact to prevent any rubbing.
- Once the front wheel is secure, tighten the wheel ratchet strap until the wheel protector is in place. (Make sure you don’t over tighten to prevent damage to the bike)
- Feed the cable lock through the frame, then the wheel, and back to the cable, locking it with the key
- If you need to access the tailgate, pull the lever and lower the rack
Here are a few tips that will help you when loading your bicycles onto the Thule T2 Pro XT bike rack.
- If you’re only carrying one bike, keep it in the tray closest to the vehicle to give it more protection.
- If you’re carrying multiple bikes, put the heaviest one in the slot closest to the vehicle.
Are you ready to hit the trails? With its custom features and user-friendly installation process, the Thule T2 Pro XT bike rack is a great choice when it comes to transporting your bike(s)!