International Moving and Storage
We'll Provide a Custom Quote
to Fit Your Needs
U-Haul® offers international moving and storage to almost any port in the world with U-Box® storage containers.
Before and After You Reserve
Our U-Box® international team will give you step-by-step guidance to ensure your international move goes smoothly. All of our ocean carriers have years of experience and vast amount of knowledge in international cargo shipping ensuring your belongings arrive safely.
- Not sure how many containers you'll need? Use our estimator to see how many you'll need!
- Moving between the United States and Canada? No need to get an international quote - you can get your quote and reserve online
- Not leaving for your new country right away? No problem! We can store your containers at a secure U-Haul facility until you are ready to have them shipped. Standard transit times are between 5-8 weeks depending on the origin and destination.
- Don't want to lift a finger? Hire Moving Help to pack your containers for you!
- Our U-Box international moving team provides you with the import customs guide. We recommend you secure a local customs agent to help you clear customs when your load arrives.
- We ship your U-Box containers per your instructions and after you are physically in the country of destination.
Fill out the international quote form. We'll build your custom quote and promptly email it when finished.
Once you accept your quote, our international team will personally work with you to plan your international move. We'll help you fill out all necessary documentation needed for international shipping and customs clearance.
Load your U-Box container once it has been delivered to your home. Be sure to fill out your inventory list as you go.
You arrange transportation from the port to your new home.
- Each customer uses their own lock and key for maximum security and protection. U-Box containers are not shared or divided between customers.
- Furniture pads are included in every U-Box container to cushion items and keep them from shifting during transportation.
- U-Box containers are made from breathable plywood and shipped in weatherproof containers to prevent mold and mildew.
- We'll deliver U-Box containers to you so you can load on your own schedule.
- An in-home estimate to inspect your belongings is not necessary in order to provide you with a quote.
- You can store your U-Box containers at your home or at a U-Haul location until you are ready to ship internationally.
- Containers are not charged by weight - you can load up to 2000lbs per container worry-free.
- Reserve as many U-Box containers you need and only pay to ship the containers you use.
- Protect against unexpected accidents with affordable and flexible insurance U-Haul offers.