Plan ahead. Make your reservations as far in advance as possible by visiting uhaul.com, or call us at 1-800-GO-UHAUL.
Once you have made your reservation, start packing. Pack your boxes "strategically". Choose a packing room ahead of time and box up a few things each day. Mark each box with its contents and destination room. Have all your boxes packed before you go to pick up your rental truck or trailer.
Load the heaviest items first, in front and on the floor. Pack items firmly and closely.
Drive safely and monitor the equipment while it is in your possession, just as you would your own personal vehicle.
Suggestions and tips on securing your rental equipment:
- Secure the back door of the moving truck or trailer with a padlock.
- Make sure your doors are locked.
- Park your rental equipment legally and in a well-lit area.
- Back up your rental equipment as close as possible to a garage door, building, or wall. If you can, park another vehicle in front of the moving truck.
- When parking your vehicle at a hotel, park close to entry doors and park in a well-lit area.
- When parking your vehicle at a restaurant, try to park where you can see it from the window.
Most common mistakes to avoid:
Not planning ahead; waiting until the last minute to reserve a truck or trailer
Not packing boxes ahead of time
Not making arrangements for loading and unloading help (learn more by visiting Moving Help)