How to effectively pack your moving boxes
- Group items of similar size and weight (try not to mix belongings from different rooms of your home).
- Pour a layer of packing peanuts into the bottom of the box.
- Wrap heaviest items first with bubble wrap or packing paper and place them in the bottom of the box.
- Wrap lighter items with bubble wrap or packing paper and separate them from items in the bottom of the box with cushion foam.
- Place heavier items on the bottom and lighter items on top.
- Before closing your box, cushion the entire package. Stuff packing peanuts or crumpled packing paper firmly in unfilled spaces to prevent shifting or damage to your goods.
- Your filled box should not weigh more than about 30 pounds, or more than what you can lift easily. Under packed boxes may collapse in transit, while over packed boxes can rupture, damaging belongings.
- Close the box and seal it with sturdy packing tape.
- Label the box with its contents and destination room.