How to Pack and Move your Flat Screen TV
Flat screen TVs are expensive and fragile, which is not always a good combination when moving. When you’re moving, you want to make sure that your TV is as safe as possible and that there is no chance it can break during the transportation.
U-Haul offers the Flat Panel TV Kit to provide optimal protection during your move. When using the flat panel TV kit, you have the advantage of using a box specifically designed to keep your flat screen TV safe.
- Prep the TV - Unplug the TV and remove the power cord. Roll any pertinent cords, wires and remotes and place in a clear bag. If you TV has a large base, you may need to remove this. Again, place the screws and base in a bag. Put these aside - you can pack these in the same box or tape the the bag to the outside of the box to keep them safe.
- Cover the flat screen TV - Use the foam pieces to protect the tv and prevent it from shifting once in the box. Place two of these on at a time and secure them using mover's wrap. You'll want to use this wrap to cover the entire tv to further prevent scratches. You can also use blankets or sheets to cover the TV.
- Put theTV in the box - Be sure the keep the TV upright as you do this part. In most cases. you'll need to telescope the two boxes in the flat screen TV kit to fit larger televisions. This feature ensures the box will fit multiple size TV's.
- Secure the TV in the box - To be extra safe, you can use blankets or other soft fabrics to fill any gaps you see in between the top of the box and the tv. Doing this helps further prevent the TV from moving while packed in the box.
- Move up-right - When you load the box into a moving truck, be sure to keep the box upright and if possible store next your mattress, dresser or other flat and sturdy objects.
How the Flat Panel TV Kit Protects Your TV While Moving
It’s made specifically to move your 32”-70” LCD TV (measured horizontally) that are 1”-4” deep
The Flat Panel TV Kit helps to keep your TV upright and unharmed to eliminate any pressure on the screen.
The Flat Panel TV Kit fits snugly to your TV to hold it in place within the box with four foam pieces to provide protection around the corners of the TV. The less the TV moves in the box, the better.
The handles of the Flat Panel TV Kit will allow you to carry and hold the box easier than with a regular box.
The two telescoping boxes are heavy-duty and double walled to be able to withstand any damage that may occur during transport
Flat Panel TV Kit Includes
- Two heavy-duty, double walled telescoping boxes with handles (the boxes fit inside of each other to expand to fit larger TVs)
Four foam pieces
To add some extra protection to the Flat Panel TV Kit, use Mover’s Stretch Plastic Wrap around the kit to prevent shifting and Furniture Pads to fill in any gaps that might allow the TV to move around inside the box.