How to Set Up the U-Haul Flat Panel TV Kit
The U-Haul Flat Panel TV Kit helps protect flat screen TVs between 32" and 70" (measured diagonally) and 1" to 4" deep during a move. Not only does this kit help keep your TV secure, it also makes carrying and storing your TV as hassle-free as possible. Here is a step-by-step guide showing you how to assemble your Flat Panel TV Kit.
Included with the Flat Panel TV Kit:
- 1 Outer Box
- 1 Inner Box
- 4 Foam Corner Pieces (will need to be separated)
Additional Recommended Packing Supplies - NOT Included:
(Note: If you picked up either kit in a store, ignore steps 1-8, as they only apply to boxes that require full assembly.)
Box Assembly Instructions:
1. When you receive the kit, separate the outer box, inner box and foam blocks.
2. Start assembly with the outer box.
3. Open the box so that it sits flat on the floor.
4. Fold in the flaps – Start with the small flaps and move to the long flaps. When you're folding the long flaps, make sure that the flap with the large open handhold is on the outside of the box.
5. Line up the handholds and secure the side flaps with tape.
6. The outer box should now be put together (one side will be open).
7. Next, take the inner box and repeat the same steps as with the outer box.
8. Once completed, the inner box should be able to slide into the outer box. This gives you the flexibility to alter the width of the box to fit your TV (Make sure you check that the handles on the front and back of the inner and outer boxes are at the top).
Separating the Foam Pieces to Fit your TV:
1. To separate the four foam pieces, fold the entire foam block in half and break the two sections apart, then break those two sections in half again. You should end up with four solid foam pieces.
2. You will notice that there are five breakaway pieces and another crease across the middle of each foam corner block. The breakaway pieces can be removed one-by-one to fit over the corners of your TV.
3. Start by removing the foam piece in the very middle and work your way outward depending on the size of the corner of your TV.
3. Bend the piece in half along the crease so that it creates a 90 degree angle. This will help protect the TV along all sides. (You can use plastic wrap to ensure that your corner pieces stay in place).
4. Once you have the foam corners on your TV, place your TV in the inner box. (If you'd like to, you can place furniture pads, towels or other protective materials in the space between the top of the TV and the box to prevent shifting).
With your Flat Panel TV Kit assembled, you’re ready to pack your TV and load it into your moving truck, trailer or cargo van. Click here to learn more about how to safely pack and move your flat screen TVs.