Moving–especially all on your own–can be stressful. Many people call on friends or family members to help them move; usually with the promise of free pizza in return. But what if you’re truly on your own for your move? U-Haul has partnered with Moving Help Marketplace, a service that allows you to locate professional movers locally. You can read reviews, compare prices and choose the Moving Help Provider based on your needs and budget. One of the questions you may have is “How many Moving Help Providers do I need?”
Two for Two
We recommend having, at least, two movers for two hours. If your current home has a lot of square footage or if you’ve reserved a large truck to move all of your belongings you may want to hire additional movers.
- For a home that is less than 800 square feet, we suggest at least two movers for two hours.
- For homes that are between 800-1000 square feet, three movers for at least two hours is ideal.
- Two movers can move a 1000-1500 square foot home in three hours, however, 3-4 movers may be able to get the job done in two.
- Homes that are between 1500-2000 square feet may take up to four hours with two movers and as few as two hours with four movers.
- Larger homes that are between 2001-3000 square feet could take four movers 3-4 hours to move everything.
- It could take two movers 6-8 hours to pack up a home that’s between 3000-4000 square feet, however, four movers may take only 4-5 hours.
- Homes that are 4000+ square feet may take up to 10 hours with only two movers and as little as six hours with four movers.
If you will also need help unpacking at your destination, add more time based on how far away your new location is.
You can add additional time, if needed, by logging into your Customer Account.
Have you used Moving Help Marketplace? If so, share your experience with us in the comments below!