The UHaul hitch pros write: "The purple wire on part 47185 is most commonly attached to the vehicles reverse light."
7-Way Spade Type & 4-Way Flat Connector
A convenient and easy way to connect a 4-wire flat to a 7-way spade or 4-way flat.
- Provides 7-way spade AND 4-way flat towing from one connector!
- Weatherproof design!
- Standard mounting bracket included
- Pre-wired for electric brake system
- Part number:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Questions & Answers (4)
Our hitch expert says "U-Haul sells and installs complete tow packages for your 2001 Mercedes ML 320 including the 47185 and the required trailer light power module part 14493". Thank you.
After installing the mounting bracket to your desired location, simply plug the 47185 4-flat connector to the vehicles pre-wired 4-flat connector. Ground the 47185 white wire to a clean surface on the vehicles frame. These simple steps will power your trailer turn signals, brake lights and running lights.
You will then be left with 3 wires to attach if applicable:
• Black wire - When properly installed the black wire charges the 12 volt trailer battery.
• Blue wire - When properly installed the blue wire powers the trailers electric brakes.
• Purple wire - The purple wire is typically attached to the vehicles reverse light for releasing a boat trailers lockout brakes.
For more information, please see the instruction sheet by clicking on the PDF at the top of this page labeled 'Installation Instructions' or visit your local U-Haul hitch center. Thank you!
Hi Damion, we can definitely install this for you. Simply find a location near you and give them a call!