While there are some easy ways of knowing when to refill your propane tank, it can be easy to lose track of the signs and allow your tank to run dry. That’s where Refuel, the smart propane tank gauge for outdoor grills comes in. Simply pair the gauge with your 20 lb. propane tank and the Wink app on your mobile device and never miss a tank refill again.
How does Refuel work?
Refuel uses an electric scale to constantly monitor your tank’s propane level. When you’re running low, the gauge will send an alert directly to your mobile device letting you know it’s time to visit the nearest U-Haul propane refill station.
You can also open the Wink app anytime and view how much propane is remaining, or check the tank level manually by tapping the magnetic sensor attached to the scale if you don’t have your device handy. The five LEDs on the sensor indicate your remaining fuel level.
Refuel has several features all propane users will find useful, including:
- Propane level monitoring from your smartphone
- A tap-to-use magnetic sensor displaying the propane level
- Average grill length, tank life and grills per tank data tracking using the Wink app
- Mobile alerts when you’re running low
- Compatibility with all grills with non-hanging propane tanks
What you need to use Refuel
To utilize the smart propane tank gauge, you will need a few items not included with the Refuel device. These include:
- A Wifi connection A mobile device with internet access
- The Wink app
- A standard 20 lb. propane tank
- An outdoor grill
How to get started
Using Refuel is simple! Start by downloading the Wink App, available free of charge in both the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, then install batteries in the Refuel sensor and follow these steps:
- Sign up on Wink using a valid email address.
- Add Refuel to your app by first finding “Lawn + Patio,” then select “Refuel Tank Gauge.”
- Register your home Wifi by entering network credentials.
- Sign in and select “Start Countdown” on your screen. The app will direct you to set your device on Refuel’s display sensor so they can sync.
- After the Refuel and your device are synced, your device should begin to blink or vibrate and the Refuel will flash a green light.
Using propane safely
There are a handful of tips propane users should follow to ensure they’re using their tanks safely. For starters, be sure to inspect your tank and hose for leaks prior to use by wiping everything with soapy water. Bubbling on the hose or connections is indicative of a leak. If your tank has a fuel leak, bring it to a U-Haul propane refill station for service or exchange. Remember to always your tank outdoors and in an upright, secured position, and never leave it in your car.
U-Haul knows propane! Visit our website for more safety tips, to shop for tanks and accessories or to find a propane refill station near you.