5x8 Utility Trailer Rental
The 5x8 utility trailers are another common choice with small businesses for deliveries and individuals who do moving, landscaping and other home improvements. This medium open trailer for rent is one of our most economical utility trailers; it is an affordable and reliable solution for transporting business or personal belongings.
- Open top utility trailer
- Easy to tow
- Affordable and reliable
Our 5x8 utility trailers provide a soft ride and have low loading decks, which make it easy to both load and tow. The 5x8 trailer rental has a loading capacity of 1,890 lbs which should be more than enough for any delivery or home-improvement job! All our utility trailers have plenty of tie-downs for you to secure your load with ropes, tarps or straps.
Utility trailers are ideal for transporting landscaping or building materials. If you are picking up tall plants from the nursery or 4x8 sections of plywood, the 5x8 utility trailer fits your needs with plenty of floor space and an open top. The 5x8 utility trailer rental is popular with businesses that transport items for trade shows or deliver goods to customers, while individuals often rent to move furniture, picking up purchases, and hauling camping gear and ATVs.
Save time by reserving and scheduling your utility trailer rental online today. We put safety first, so all trailer customers are advised to load the trailer heavier in front, secure your load with tie-downs, drive slower than you normally would, and please, always wear your seatbelt.
- Inside dimensions: 108" x 51.5" (LxW)
- Lowest deck
- Softest ride
- Easy towing
- Max load: 1,890 lbs.
- Gross vehicle weight: 2,890 lbs.
- Empty weight: 1,000 lbs.
Towing vehicle requirements
- Must be equipped with a hard top if it is an SUV or Jeep. U-Haul does not allow any type of sport-utility vehicle not equipped with a hard top to tow U-Haul equipment.
- Tow vehicle and trailer lighting must be operational at all times, day and night. All U-Haul trailers and towing are wired with a 4-way flat light connector.
- The curb weight of your tow vehicle must exceed the weight of the loaded trailer.
- In order to tow, your vehicle must be equipped with an adequate hitch system and lighting connections. Your hitch system includes the receiver hitch, ball mount and ball. The overall rating is determined by the lowest rated component of the three. How to determine your hitch system rating.
- Must have 1-7/8" or, 2" hitch ball (2,000 lbs. minimum)
- Must not exceed maximum allowable hitch ball height 25"
- Must have external mirrors on both sides
- The allowed cargo in this trailer will be calculated based on the curb weight of your vehicle and the lowest rated component of your hitch system.
- Maximum recommended speed is 55 MPH
- Load trailers heavier in front.
- Reduce normal driving speed.
- Wear a seatbelt.
All rental truck and trailer measurements are approximate. The equipment you receive may vary in size, based on the engineering/design specifications of multiple-production models.