Memorial Day traditionally marks the start of Moving Season in America. Nearly half of residential moves occur between Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends.
This year is different. More challenging. In many ways. For many people.
Interest rates and gas prices may entice some movers. But others changing addresses this summer don’t simply want to move; they have to move. Whether it’s a job change, moving closer to loved ones, or just demanding a better living situation – the need for convenient and affordable mobility remains constant.
U-Haul® is here to help. For 75 years, we’ve been the DIY moving experts. Our mission is to ensure your move goes smoothly, address COVID-19 concerns directly, and protect our millions of customers and 30,000 dedicated Team Members.
To view our multi-media national press release with videos on enhanced cleaning protocols and social distancing, U-Haul Truck Share 24/7, and U-Box home delivery, click here: Moving Season multi-media release.
What you need to know:
- U-Haul is OPEN. We’re part of America’s critical infrastructure providing need-based essential services.
- Equipment preparation standards have intensified. We’re sanitizing steering wheels, door handles, control knobs, keys, seats and seatbelts. Cargo areas are cleaned. Retail stores are sanitized continually. Distancing plans and capacity limits are observed.
- Moving is allowed and happening in every state. Whether states have reopened or remain in lockdown, there are NO restrictions banning interstate travel.
- Still concerned about being stopped, delayed or harassed during interstate or highway travel? U-Haul Safe Passage Protection® is now available for $10 on one-way rentals from 10 Northeast states (including New York) to offer peace of mind in heavily impacted regions. The policy offers up to $5,000 in lost wages, food, lodging, medical and rental costs stemming from interference, while providing 24/7 access to U-Haul attorneys.
- Contactless programs that promote social distancing are embraced. Customers are encouraged to complete online check-in before picking up equipment.
U-Haul Contactless Programs
Customers pick up and return a truck entirely on their smartphone at any hour thanks to Live Verify? online agents.
Customers scan items in retail showrooms as they shop and pay on their smartphones through the U-Haul app.
Can be delivered to a customer’s home so they can pack and store, or move, their belongings on their schedule.
Online marketplace where local Moving Help® Service Providers can be hired based on price, hours needed, and 1.7 million unedited customer reviews.
Reserve equipment at uhaul.com or call 1-800-GO-UHAUL. For customer questions and media requests, contact our Public Relations team at the number or email below.
Since 1945, U-Haul has been the No. 1 choice of do-it-yourself movers, with a network of 22,000 locations across all 50 states and 10 Canadian provinces. U-Haul Truck Share 24/7 offers secure access to U-Haul trucks every hour of every day through the customer dispatch option on their smartphones and our proprietary Live Verify technology. Our customers' patronage has enabled the U-Haul fleet to grow to approximately 167,000 trucks, 120,000 trailers and 43,000 towing devices. U-Haul offers nearly 697,000 rooms and 60.7 million square feet of self-storage space at owned and managed facilities throughout North America. U-Haul is the largest installer of permanent trailer hitches in the automotive aftermarket industry, and is the largest retailer of propane in the U.S.