Auto Transport /
Vehicle Trailer Rental
U-Haul auto transport trailers are car trailers that are ideal for long-distance moves and have a maximum load towing capacity of 5,290 lbs. Our auto transport trailers are equipped with an easy-access loading ramp, security chains and ratchet-operated tire straps to transport your car safely and securely with ease.
- Affordable car hauler
- Easy access loading ramp
- Numerous safety features
There are many types of car trailers for rent; however the U-Haul patented auto transport trailer design outweighs the competition in more than one area. It is equipped with automatic brakes, an easy-access loading ramp as well as tilt-out fenders that allows for trouble-free door access. Renting this premier vehicle trailer will truly make moving easier.
Another U-Haul exclusive is that our auto transport rentals are available for both in-town and one way moves behind your own personal tow vehicle as well as behind our moving trucks. When towing with your own vehicle, the car trailer will require a 1 7/8” or 2” hitch ball, the appropriately rated hitch system, as well as external mirrors and fully functional lighting. During the reservation process, U-Haul will provide an exact recommendation for your particular vehicle combination. Rent one of our state-of-the-art car trailer rentals today.
We suggest watching this short 5 minute video on How to Load your Vehicle onto a U-Haul Auto Transport Trailer to ensure a stress-free loading process and towing experience.
- Deck Width 79.25"
- Deck Length 148"
- Deck Minimum Width 41"
- Fender Height Off of Deck 12"
- Between Ramp 44.25"
- Outside of Ramp 76.25"
- Ramp Length 77.5""
- Deck Height 19"
- Easy-access loading ramp
- Tilt-out fender allows vehicle door access
- Ratchet-operated tire straps
- Vehicle security chains
- Automatic hydraulic surge brake
- Max load: 5,290 lbs.
- Gross vehicle weight: 7,500 lbs. max.
- Empty weight: 2,210 lbs.
Towing vehicle requirements
- Must be equipped with a hard top if it is an SUV. U-Haul does not allow any type of sport-utility vehicle not equipped with a hard top to tow U-Haul equipment.
- Tow vehicle and trailer lighting must be operational at all times, day and night. All U-Haul trailers and towing are wired with a 4-way flat light connector.
- Must weigh at least 3,500 lbs. (curb weight), and must equal or exceed 80% of the combined weight of the trailer (2,210 lbs.) and the vehicle being towed (up to 5,290 lbs.).
- Must have a towing system that has a 5,000 lbs. minimum weight-carrying rating
- Must have 1-7/8" or 2" hitch ball (5,000 lbs. minimum)
- Must not exceed maximum allowable hitch ball height of 25"
- Must have external mirrors on both sides
- Must have fully operational lighting
- Maximum recommended speed is 55 MPH
- Load trailers heavier in front.
- Reduce normal driving speed.
- Wear a seatbelt.
All rental truck and trailer measurements are approximate. The equipment you receive may vary in size, based on the engineering/design specifications of multiple-production models.