Team Members from U-Haul Cheer and Support Susan G. Komen participants from the sidelines!

On June 14th, U-Haul Team members devoted their time and effort to help pass out water bottles marked with the U-Haul logo to participants in the Susan G. Komen Race in downtown St. Louis.

A group of 4 U-Haul Team members from the new U-Haul Moving and Storage of Downtown St. Louis (736-028) arrived at the Susan G. Komen Race to help participants quench their thirst as they completed the race. Water bottles carrying the U-Haul logo helped raise community awareness of the new U-Haul store, and this participation was very well received! People were surprised to learn that U-Haul is active in their community, and race participants were thankful for the liquid refreshment. It was a great opportunity for U-Haul to get to know the community better.

There were around 50,000 participants in the race and many of them were grateful that U-Haul Company contributed the time and effort to come out and show support, while supplying runners with water. Certainly this event helped the community and U-Haul become better acquainted.

Susan G. Komen is a charity that focuses on combating breast cancer. The Komen Race for the Cure is the signature fund-raiser of the charity, and 75 percent of the money goes to the local community to fund breast cancer screening, education and patient navigation programs. The remaining 25 percent is donated to global research of breast cancer.

A huge “thank you” goes out to the U-Haul volunteers who decided to give of their time by showing up and supporting the Susan G. Komen Race participants! The community was very gratified by U-Haul Company’s response. If you would like more information about how to volunteer at a U-Haul volunteer day or if you would like to share one of your own volunteer experiences, please contact Zofia Falconi, community relations specialist, by email or at extension 623109.

To Top