How to Deduct Your Moving Expenses on Your Taxes

taxesDid you know that many moving expenses may be tax-deductible? Check with the IRS in order to determine what is deductible and what is not deductible from your move in 2011.

Hopefully, you kept all your 2011 moving-related receipts in a “Moving” folder. If not, then you will need to do some back-tracking through your files. The link below will give you the necessary form for filing your taxes. Just click and print the IRS document.

* IRS Moving Expense — Form 3903

If you are moving in 2012, then make sure you keep all your receipts so that it will be easy to fill out your tax form next year.  You can also use the following IRS Change of Address form as needed — Form 8822.

For more information, consult the IRS website or call the IRS phone number –> (800) 829-1040.