Grilling season is here! Sirloin steaks make a tasty, healthy and easy grilled dinner during the summer. Below are the guidelines for grilling the perfect sirloin steaks. These times are based on steaks with 3/4 inch thickness. For thicker steak times, visit omahasteaks.com.
Rare Steaks: Grill 4 minutes on the first side. Flip and grill 2 minutes on the other side.
Medium-Rare Steaks: Grill 4 minutes on the first side. Flip and grill 3 minutes on the other side.
Medium Steaks: Grill 5 minutes on the first side. Flip and grill 3 minutes on the other side.
Well-Done Steaks: Grill 7 minutes on the first side. Flip and grill 5 minutes on the other side.
How to Grill
- Purchase marbled steaks that are a bright, light red for the best meat.
- Steaks should be room temperature when placed on the grill so take your steaks out 30 minutes to an hour before you put them on the grill.
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel so that the extra moisture does not steam your steaks while on the grill.
- Marinade or season your meat at least 30 minutes before they go on the grill so the flavor can absorb into the meat. any earlier and the marinade will just burn off.
- Turn your propane grill onto high and spray the grill racks with cooking oil spray and then let the grill get very hot.
- Put the steaks on the grill and follow the above grilling times based on the way you like your steaks cooked.
- Take the steaks off the grill and set aside for 5-10 minutes to rest before serving so the juices get evenly distributed throughout the meat.
- Serve and enjoy!
Grilling your steaks at the right temperature, for the right times and with the perfect grilling accessories can make all the difference between a great steak and an okay dinner. Hope these grilling times and tips helped you grill the perfect steak. What tips do you have for grilling a juicy steak? For more grilling tips and accessories click here.