This page is your go-to guide for creating a list of essential packing for college.
Once you’ve signed up for Collegeboxes, it’s time to start packing! Save time and space by packing for college with only the essentials. Double-check to see what your college allows and provides already to make sure you have enough of what you need and not extra. Essential packing for college can be as simple as using 5 boxes.
This box should consist of the most used materials that will help you do your schoolwork.
- Computer (pack it in the box it came in or in a computer bag for added protection)
- Writing materials
The second box should have your dorm essentials including:
- Reading lamp
- Calendar and other organizational tools
Here, the items include appropriate attire and personal hygiene products.
- Variety of clothes (consider different weather)
- Toiletries (non-liquid)
- Laundry supplies
This box will be filled with useful things that make you feel more at home and/or things to entertain yourself with:
- Wall decorations
- Decorative pillows/throws
- Literature (Books, E-readers)
The last box can be used for any overflow from the other boxes:
- Kitchen supplies and dishware (pots, pans, can opener, silverware, etc.)
- Storage containers
- Emergency equipment (batteries, flashlight, etc.)
Check to make sure your dorm allows you to bring cookware.
Let Collegeboxes Handle the Rest
Collegeboxes can make moving a breeze with student storage, shipping, and moving. They combine U-Haul’s network of storage facilities, Moving Helpers, and truck rental locations to provide high-quality and economical storage, shipping, and moving services to students nationwide. All you have to do is sign up, pack and they handle the rest for an easy college move every time!