Moving Tips to Beautiful, Historic Chandler, Arizona!
Chandler is a short 30 minute drive from Downtown Phoenix, located in the East Valley of the Phoenix metropolitan area. With roughly 240,000 residents, Chandler boasts a rich heritage and history which has played a large part within the city for many years, including the ever thriving local agriculture and farming businesses. Speaking of businesses, some of the top employers in the city include major corporations such as Intel, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, eBay, and Paypal.
The city of Chandler hosted more than 20 events for the community last year, the Ostrich Festival being one of the biggest and most well known. Ostrich races actually do take place at this festival, and it is quite a sight to see. Furthermore, Chandler has been recognized numerous times as a top ‘Playful City’ for its efforts of providing residents with a wide range of recreational amenities, public parks and aquatic centers. If you’ve decided to make Chandler your new home or just need assistance moving some things within the city, the professionals at U-Haul have the expertise to assist you in anything moving related.
Useful Tips for Moving to Chandler
With 15 truck rental facilities within the Chandler city limits, we want to help make your move go as smooth as possible. Here are some helpful tips for moving into Chandler as well as some things to do once you get moved in.
- Moving Day – Between the months of April and September, temperatures can rise above the 100-degree mark. If your moving day is in the middle of the summer, we suggest looking into getting Moving Help® to avoid having to load and unload your moving truck in high temperatures. If you do end up moving in the Arizona heat, drinking plenty of water to stay hydrated is always a good thing.
- Neighborhood Selection – Chandler is a very family-oriented city in the East Valley with low crime rates, good schools, and newer shopping centers with many quick dining options. If you are looking to buy a home or rent an apartment, you should have great success looking south of the Santan Freeway Loop 202 (Arizona State Route 202). New developments have been springing up around the 202 over the last 10-15 years; Carino Estates, Cantabria Shores, Cooper Corners West and Kerby Estates are all great neighborhoods to look into living in.
- Sports and Recreation – There are more than ten public 18-hole golf courses within the Chandler city limits; if you’re looking to improve your handicap, you should have no problem snagging a tee time for some quality time on the greens. Rawhide is a steakhouse that replicates an 1880’s western town, located in west Chandler just off Interstate 10 at Wild Horse Pass. This is a great place that will bring your family back in time with live action cowboy stunt shows, mule driven stagecoach rides, panning for gold, mechanical bull rides and there is a petting zoo your kids will love!
- Experience Chandler History – Downtown Chandler has much to offer when it comes to education about the history of the city. If you head down to Dr. A. J. Chandler Park on Arizona Avenue, you will be able to see a small remnant of how Chandler looked 100 years ago. The San Marcos Hotel is among the long standing buildings in downtown Chandler; it opened in 1913 and quickly gained a reputation as one of the most luxurious resorts in the country. Want to see some of the city’s oldest and most valued artifacts? The Chandler Museum is commonly referred to as the Vintage museum where you can learn about the cultural heritage, environment and the history of the local communities.
- Get Artsy - The Vision Gallery is a non-profit art gallery in downtown Chandler. Two great things about the Vision Gallery: admission is free and a portion of all art purchases made goes to help fund the VISION KIDZ Program. Not only are you getting in for free and receiving a great piece of art for your home, but you’ll also be helping children in need! Last but not least, the Zelma Basha Salmeri Gallery of Western American and Native American Art has a collection of more than 3,000 pieces of art including paintings, acrylics, charcoal, sculptures, pottery, jewelry and much more. Admission is free and the gallery is open Monday through Friday 9 am to 4 pm.
Find nearby storage units, Moving Help®, and truck rental locations in Chandler.