6x12 Cargo Trailer Rental
The 6x12 cargo trailers are one of our most popular cargo trailer rentals and are used for a multitude of reasons. They are perfect for businesses that frequently haul and transport equipment or goods, as well as individuals who are moving their household belongings. The 6x12 enclosed trailer is built to secure and protect your precious cargo.
- Affordable moves – No mileage fee
- Spacious and weather resistant
- Largest covered trailer U-Haul offers
The 6x12 cargo trailer is one of the public’s favorite trailers for rent for cross-country moves or across town moves. These cargo trailers can double as an enclosed motorcycle trailer; no rain, snow or flying rocks to chip the paint with this trailer. The 6x12 cargo trailer has a low deck, smooth floor and wide-open access door to make loading and unloading easy.
Our 6x12 enclosed trailers have the capacity to load nearly 2,500 lbs with almost 400 total cubic feet of storage! If combined with our 26’ moving truck, you now have the biggest do-it-yourself moving capacity available. This enclosed cargo trailer is also equipped with surge brakes to assist with slowing while in transit. Expect a smooth ride for your belongings and an easy tow behind your vehicle.
Save time by reserving and scheduling your 6x12 enclosed trailer rental online today. We put safety first, so all trailer customers are advised to load the trailer heavier in front, drive slower than you normally would, and please, always wear your seatbelt.
- Inside dimensions: 11'7" x 6' x 5'5" (LxWxH)
- Door opening: 5'0" x 4'10" (WxH)
- Lowest deck
- Softest ride
- Padded rub rails
- Automatic hydraulic surge brake
- Volume: up to 396 cu. ft.
- Max load: 2,480 lbs.
- Gross vehicle weight: 4,400 lbs. max.
- Empty weight: 1,920 lbs.
Towing vehicle requirements
- Must be equipped with a hard top if it is an SUV or Jeep. U-Haul does not allow any type of sport-utility vehicle not equipped with a hard top to tow U-Haul equipment.
- Tow vehicle and trailer lighting must be operational at all times, day and night. All U-Haul trailers and towing are wired with a 4-way flat light connector.
- The curb weight of your tow vehicle must be at least 80% of the loaded weight of the trailer.
- In order to tow, your vehicle must be equipped with an adequate hitch system and lighting connections. Your hitch system includes the receiver hitch, ball mount and ball. The overall rating is determined by the lowest rated component of the three. How to determine your hitch system rating.
- Must have 1-7/8" or, 2" hitch ball (3,500 lbs. minimum)
- Must not exceed maximum allowable hitch ball height 25"
- Must have external mirrors on both sides
- The allowed cargo in this trailer will be calculated based on the curb weight of your vehicle and the lowest rated component of your hitch system.
- Maximum recommended speed is 55 MPH
- Load trailers heavier in front.
- Reduce normal driving speed.
- Wear a seatbelt.
All rental truck and trailer measurements are approximate. The equipment you receive may vary in size, based on the engineering/design specifications of multiple-production models.