6x12 Utility Trailer Rental
The 6x12 open trailer rentals are perfect for larger, local in-town deliveries and home-improvement needs. Our largest open top trailer rental has low decks and plenty of tie-down rings to make this trailer one of the easiest trailers to load and secure your cargo!
- Easy to load utility trailer
- Heavy-duty tie-downs
- Largest towing capacity U-Haul utility trailer
The 6x12 utility trailer is a larger trailer perfect for in-town deliveries and home improvement needs. Whether you are delivering a product order to a customer or making a trip to the local dump to dispense of unwanted items; utility trailers will help you get the job done! Our 6x12 utility trailers are also a common choice for home-improvement projects and deliveries.
The 6x12 utility trailer has a maximum loading capacity of just over 2,600 lbs, with more than 70 square feet of floor space. Equipped with an automatic braking system, tandem axles and a spring suspension, our utility trailers provide a soft ride for hauling your cargo. Our fleet of large utility trailers has helped millions of individuals and businesses throughout the North America with their hauling needs. Let us know how we can help you too!
Save time by reserving and scheduling your utility trailer rental online today. We put safety first, so all trailer customers are advised to load the trailer heavier in front, secure your load with tie-downs drive slower than you normally would, and please, always wear your seatbelt.
- Inside dimensions: 12' x 6'2" (LxW)
- Lowest deck
- Softest ride
- Automatic hydraulic surge brake
- Max load: 2,670 lbs.
- Gross vehicle weight: 4,400 lbs. max.
- Empty weight: 1,730 lbs.
- 74 sq. ft.
Towing vehicle requirements
- Must be equipped with a hard top if it is an SUV or Jeep. U-Haul does not allow any type of sport-utility vehicle not equipped with a hard top to tow U-Haul equipment.
- Tow vehicle and trailer lighting must be operational at all times, day and night. All U-Haul trailers and towing are wired with a 4-way flat light connector.
- The curb weight of your tow vehicle must be at least 80% of the loaded weight of the trailer.
- In order to tow, your vehicle must be equipped with an adequate hitch system and lighting connections. Your hitch system includes the receiver hitch, ball mount and ball. The overall rating is determined by the lowest rated component of the three. How to determine your hitch system rating.
- Must have 1-7/8" or, 2" hitch ball (3,500 lbs. minimum)
- Must not exceed maximum allowable hitch ball height 25"
- Must have external mirrors on both sides
- The allowed cargo in this trailer will be calculated based on the curb weight of your vehicle and the lowest rated component of your hitch system.
- Maximum recommended speed is 55 MPH
- Load trailers heavier in front.
- Reduce normal driving speed.
- Wear a seatbelt.
All rental truck and trailer measurements are approximate. The equipment you receive may vary in size, based on the engineering/design specifications of multiple-production models.