Staging your home is a great way to sell your house, especially if you are trying to do it quickly. You want to make sure your house is looking its absolute best when you are showing it to potential buyers, so it is essential to have everything clean and in tip-top shape. Highlighting your home’s best assets and impressive features will help buyers imagine themselves living in the house. This can require temporarily storing some items to make your house look more visually appealing. U-Box containers are the perfect way to get the job done!
What are U-Box Containers?
U-Box containers are a portable moving and storage solution that is convenient, flexible, and secure. These containers can be shipped to your new home or stored until you are ready to unpack them. There are also a number of delivery options which include:
- Home Delivery – Have your U-Box containers dropped off at your house and picked back up
- Full-Service Delivery and Load – Just like Home Delivery but with Moving Help® Providers to pack your stuff up
- Self-Delivery – Pick up the U-Box containers at your local U-Haul center yourself and pack and return them on your schedule
- Access at a U-Haul Location – Bring your items to a U-Haul location, pack onsite, and we can store and ship when you’re done
U-Box containers are great for staging your home because you can keep them as long as necessary or store them at a neighborhood U-Haul location!
Getting rid of clutter inside and outside your house is essential when it comes to staging your home. Consider it pre-packing for your move. Clutter takes up space, and space is what sells. This can be a daunting task since you may need your items if you’re still living in your house, but with U-Box containers they don’t have to be too far away. Here are some tips for making decluttering each room easier!
- Pack up your clothes in wardrobe boxes to make your closet look larger.
- Box up books, television sets, and game consoles to depersonalize the space.
- Pack and store rarely used appliances like crockpots, roasters, and pans.
- Clear items off countertops, tubs, and top of toilets and store in moving boxes when you are showing your house.
- Pack up most of your towels and linens so buyers won’t see packed closets.
- Remove a few pieces of furniture to make the room more spacious.
- Pack and store away family photos to help the buyer envision their family living there, not yours.
- Clear out magazines and hobby items even if they’re neatly stacked. This will eliminate visual clutter.
- Make sure sidewalks are free of toys and yard gear
Staging your home can be an easier task when you have U-Box containers. Decluttering your house so buyers will see the appeal of your home will help make the selling process go smoothly.