With the right planning, it’s possible to load a queen size mattress, box spring, and multiple boxes in a U-Haul cargo van. Our cargo van rentals have plenty of room to move household items found in small apartments, studios, or dorm rooms while providing protection from the elements during transportation.
We hope these tips help your process of moving a mattress.
Loading a mattress into a cargo van:
- Place your queen size mattress and box spring in a mattress bag to make sure they remain in excellent shape throughout your move.
- Load the box spring through the rear doors of the van at a 45-degree angle, and rest it against the driver’s side wall.
- Load the mattress next, by placing it on top of the box spring.
- Place boxes, and other items in the space between the mattress and the driver’s side wall through the rear doors. This will provide extra protection for delicate items by ensuring they will not travel through the van during transportation.
- Put the rest of your items in the van through the passenger’s side doors.
The queen size bed and box spring can be laid flat in the back of the van after they are loaded through the back doors if no additional items need to be moved. If you have a king size bed, consider renting a moving truck.
More Articles About Loading and Driving: