How to Rent a Truck Using U-Haul Truck Share 24/7
It's not always possible to move during the convenience of business hours. That's why at U-Haul, we've made it possible to rent and pick up your equipment at any time, day or night. Not only that, but we've also made sure that the process is quick and easy. With Truck Share 24/7, you can pick up your moving truck rental after hours in just a few minutes. Here's how it works.
What is Truck Share 24/7?
Truck Share 24/7 is a U-Haul program that allows you to self-pick up or self-return your truck rental outside of normal business hours using only your phone and the U-Haul App. Simply start the return process inside the U-Haul App, snap some photos, answer a few questions, and you’ll be on your way.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A smartphone to take photos
- An internet connection
- A U-Haul account
Picking Up Your U-Haul Truck in Five Easy Steps
Follow these easy steps to pick up your moving truck on your time. Note: You have to be at the location in order to start.
- Arrive at your pick up location. We recommend arriving at least 10 minutes early to ensure you can complete the process without cutting into your rental time.
- Sign into your U-Haul account on the U-Haul app or uhaul.com.
- After you’re logged in, select “Pick Up My Truck” to start the self-pick up process. Note: if the option is grayed out, that means you arrived too early. Your truck will be ready an hour before your pick up time.
- Complete the online Live Verification Approval process. This will include taking photos of your drivers license and adding some additional contact information.
- We'll now give you step-by-step instructions on your phone and walk you through the process of locating your truck, retrieving the keys, and adding damage coverage.
If you have any questions or run into a problem during the process, online help is available. Once you’re done with the truck, be sure to return it clean and on time. You can return your rental during or after business hours with U-Haul Truck Share 24/7 Return.
Tips For Picking Up Your Truck After Hours
Be On Time – Be sure to arrive within an hour of your pick up time, then you can proceed with the steps above. If you arrive too early, you will not be able to start the pick up process. If you’re late, you will cut into your rental time, which could result in fees.
Download the U-Haul App Before Arriving – The self-pick up process is easier and faster when you use the U-Haul App. To save yourself some extra time, make sure you have the app downloaded before you arrive if you don’t already have it on your phone.
Have Your Account Log in Information Ready – To keep the process as seamless as possible, we recommend ensuring you have your log in information ready. That means you know your password and which email is associated with your account ahead of time.
Ensure Your Phone is Ready for Use – This may seem obvious but be sure your phone is charged and capable of connecting to the internet. You will also need to take photos, so having a working camera and available storage space is a must for a successful self-return.
If you have questions about the rental or return process, please visit our Contact page and get in touch with a U-Haul representative.