What is Scan & Go?
Scan & Go Self-Checkout is the newest and fastest way to buy moving and packing supplies in person when shopping at a U-Haul store. With Scan & Go, you can skip the line and get the moving and packing supplies you need to complete your move in as little time as possible. Scan & Go is just another way that U-Haul makes moving easier. Here is how it works.
How Scan & Go works
What you will need:
- A smartphone with an internet connection
- A debit or credit card
- To be at a U-Haul store
How to use Scan & Go Self-Checkout:
1. While in a U-Haul store, go to uhaul.com/scan using your preferred internet browser. Enter your zip code in the search bar, then select the location you are shopping at from the list of locations that displays.
2. Select the “Touch to Scan” option to open the barcode scanner. Hold your phone over the item so that the barcode fits inside the rectangle on the screen.
3. The item you scanned will automatically populate on your screen. Select the quantity you wish to purchase, then click ‘Add to Cart.’ Tap the barcode logo to continue shopping.
4. Go to your cart and select “Check Out” when you’re finished. Enter your billing and payment information, then tap “Complete This Purchase.”
5. When your payment details (confirmation number, total, etc.) appear on your screen, your transaction is complete and you are good to go! Your receipt will be emailed to you shortly.
Other ways to use Scan & Go
Although using a camera is the fastest and most efficient way to use Scan & Go, it’s the not the only way to skip the line. You can also search for products by name on uhaul.com/scan. Or, if you’re having issues using the scanning feature, you can upload barcode photos to the website and scan them that way.
Using Scan & Go on the U-Haul app
If you have the U-Haul app on your smartphone, you already have access to Scan & Go. Simply open the app and select “Scan & Go Self-Checkout” from the main menu to choose your U-Haul store and begin shopping for your favorite moving and packing supplies.
If don’t have the app, you can download it from either the Google Play Store or Apple Store for free. Using Scan & Go Self-Checkout in the app provides in-depth product features and specifications as well as a more effective camera and scanning feature.
More Articles About Packing: