Selecting the right self-storage unit to fit your storage needs is an important part of the process. Storage facilities and storage units can vary depending on the size and features that are offered. As you begin your search for the perfect self-storage unit, it is important to evaluate your needs and find a unit that fits your needs.
How to Choose the Right Self-Storage Unit
Here are some questions you may be looking to answer before choosing a self-storage unit.
- What self-storage units are near me?
- What are my specific storage needs?
- How do I manage my unit online?
- What security is available at the storage facility?
- What is business storage?
Once you have some of these questions answered, you will have a much better idea of what type of storage unit might fit your needs.
What self-storage units are near me?
U-Haul provides a reliable experience wherever you need self-storage. You have the opportunity to store your belongings in a U-Haul self-storage facility that is easily accessible and are conveniently located throughout the United States and Canada. Many self-storage facilities are open 7 days a week, evenings and holidays. There is even 24-hour access at most locations to meet your storage needs at any time of the day or night. Go ahead and find a location near you!
What are my specific storage needs?
Furniture, household appliances, antiques, paperwork, vehicles, boats, etc. are all commonly stored in self-storage units. U-Haul offers a wide range of different unit sizes and unit types to accommodate what you will be storing. Take climate controlled units for example, you would want to consider a climate controlled unit for items that need to be stored in specific temperatures.
Available storage types include:
- Inside Storage
- Outdoor Drive Up Storage
- RV/Vehicle Storage
- Boat Storage
- Wine Storage
- Split Level Storage
- Sustainable Drive Up Storage
- Closet storage
- Warehouse Storage
- Office Storage
How Do I Manage My Unit Online?
Once you have moved into your U-Haul self-storage facility you have the option to set up a storage account to manage your self-storage unit online. There are several different features available when you sign into your account.
- Control access to your room - with the online tool, you can manage who has authorized access to your self-storage unit. Only people listed will have access to your unit.
- Pay your bill & check payment history - You are able to pay your bill online or set up autopayment which will take the money out of your account when your payment is due. You will also be able to check your payment history and print out your receipts to keep a hard copy for your records.
- Send a message to the facility manager - Have any problems, concerns, or need a question answered? The online management tool allows you to communicate with your facility manager without having to go into the storage facility.
- Itemize your contents - You have the option of creating a log of exactly what you’re keeping in your unit. Sometimes you might have trouble remembering exactly what you’ve stored, and having a list handy can help you save valuable time finding your things.
- Safestor Self-Storage Insurance - You have the option of adding Safestor self-storage insurance to your storage room to provide extra protection for your goods while they are stored at U-Haul self-storage facilities. Don't forget to ask the facility manager to go over the coverage options that are available to you.
What Security Is Available At The Storage Facility?
U-Haul offers professionally managed, clean, dry and secure self-storage locations. There are several security features available to protect your belongings 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Security features may range from electronic gates to rooms that have individual alarms. Ask your self-storage facility representative for location-specific security details.
What is Business Storage?
U-Haul offers a complete storage solution for your business. By renting a safe and secure self-storage room instead of leasing the extra space, you can reduce your business costs and avoid those long-term lease commitments. If you're looking for business storage, create a self-storage corporate account today to get storage rates and to manage your business’ moving and storage needs.
As you reserve a self-storage unit, remember to evaluate your needs and choose the right self-storage unit for you. Go ahead and start today by finding a self-storage location near you.