Halloween is approaching and if you have just moved, you probably have some extra moving supplies lying around. We love seeing creative reuse of moving supplies so this year we are working with U-Haul and looking for your very best costume skills using U-Haul moving supplies. Share your Halloween costumes for the Boo-Haul Halloween Costume Contest with us, using U-Haul boxes and moving supplies and you can win a new Amazon Kindle Paperwhite and more.
Want to make your costume for free?
Stick around Moving Insider because we will be giving away U-Haul gift certificates all month to help you buy the supplies you need, or stop by your local U-Haul and check out their take a box leave a box center to see if you can pick up some boxes for free!
We want your pets to participate too!
We have a special category just for Fido. For your dog or cat we have a prize they will enjoy as well. Courtesy of Petsmart we will have a pet prize pack featuring toys, treats and more, a $120 value.
- Your First and Last Name
- Name of the contestant (If different)
- Age of the Contestant (At time of Entry)
- List of moving supplies used on the costume
The more photos you include of your costume the easier it will be for us to evaluate. We will be judging the costumes on skill, craftsmanship, creativity and use of U-Haul moving supplies. We will also be posting photos of the costume contest entries weekly on the U-Haul Facebook page, Pinterest and the Moving Insider Blog.
Take a look at this Halloween Season Pinterest board, where there are some great costume ideas using Moving Supplies!
Tell us know what you plan on creating for your costume and we will select one commenter on this blog post a $25 U-Haul VIP certificate to use towards building your costume for the contest! (Want to earn extra credit with us? Follow the U-Haul Facebook page!)
Terms and conditions
No Purchase Necessary to Enter or to Win.
This Contest is sponsored by U-Haul International, Inc., located at 2727 N. Central Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85021
Entrants may enter by emailing a photograph of the costume as well as your full name, birth date of the contestant, address and which moving supplies were used to SammyU@uhaul.com
Open to legal residents of the United States, Canada (with the exception of the Province of Quebec) and the District of Columbia (excluding territories or protectorates of the United States); void where prohibited. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives (and their immediate families (mother, father, sister, brother, any child, husband, wife), and those living in the same household of such U-Haul International, Inc. employees responsible for the development of the movinginsider blog and anyone connected with the production and distribution of this contest are not eligible to enter or win.
The winning entry in both the Children and adults categories will receive a Halloween Costume Contest trophy, Boo-Haul shirt, and Amazon Kindle Paperwhite.
Approximate retail value: $140.00
The winning entry in the Pets category will receive a pet prize pack from Petsmart featuring toys and treats for your pet.
Approximate retail value: $140.00
This contest will start on October 10, 2012 and conclude on November 5, 2012 at 11:59 EST. Submissions will be accepted until 11:59 PM EST on the last day of the contest.
Winner Selection and voting:
The winner will be selected through a panel of judges at U-Haul international. The criteria for judging will include skill, craftsmanship, creativity and use of U-Haul moving supplies.
1. Only three (3) prizes will be awarded per contest.
2. All entries must be submitted by emailing a photograph of the costume as well as the full name, name of the parent or legal guardian if under age 18, birth date of the contestant at the time of entry, address and which moving supplies were used to SammyU@uhaul.com
3. Upon submission, all entries to this contest, along with all copyright, trademark, and other property rights associated with the contest entry become the sole property of U-Haul International Inc. and www.uhaul.com/Blog. Upon submission of each entry, the entrant and/or their parent or legal guardian acknowledge that U-Haul International will own all rights to use, modify, publish, display, promote and distribute the photo in perpetuity and without compensation to or permission of the entrant.
4. All contestants under the age of 18 must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian and agree to all the Contest Rules stated herein. U-Haul will verify the age of all contest winners.
5. Any contestant found to have provided false information with their entry shall be immediately and automatically disqualified.
6. Only properly submitted entries shall be eligible for voting and a prize. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, not to display any entry that may be offensive, profane or otherwise inappropriate.
7. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, WordPress and Google+.
8. By entering, entrants agree: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and that the decisions of the contest administrators will be binding and final in all respects; and (b) that U-Haul International, Inc. and www.uhaul.com/Blog shall have the right and permission to use winner’s name and photograph for advertising, promotional and/or any other purpose in any media without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
9. No substitutions or transfers of prize, except by U-Haul International, Inc. or www.uhaul.com/Blog (due to prize unavailability) for a prize of equal or greater value selected by U-Haul International, Inc. By entering, entrants agree that U-Haul International, Inc., its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, contractors, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, and www.uhaul.com/Blog are not liable and shall be held harmless by entrant for any claim, action, liability, loss, injury and/or damage to entrant and/or any other person and/or entity, including, without limitation, personal injury and/or death to entrant and/or any other person, and/or damage to personal and/or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of a prize, by misdirected or incomplete entries, by electronic or computer malfunctions,or by participation in this promotion.
10. If this contest/sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the U-Haul International, Inc. which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this sweepstakes, U-Haul International, Inc. and www.uhaul.com/Blog reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who it believes has tampered with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the sweepstakes (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation or termination, U-Haul International, Inc. and www.uhaul.com/Blog may, in its sole discretion, select winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation or termination to award prizes. Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee provided by U-Haul International, Inc. or www.uhaul.com/Blog
11. In the event the winner is disqualified for any reason, U-Haul International, Inc. and www.uhaul.com/Blog judges will select a new winner and notify them by email.
12. By entering this Contest, the entrant and/or their parent or legal guardian agree that any and all disputes arising out of this Contest shall be submitted to a binding arbitration before the American Arbitration Association. U-HAUL AND YOU AGREE THAT CLAIMS MAY ONLY BE BROUGHT IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND IN THE NAME OF AN INDIVIDUAL PERSON OR ENTITY AND THAT CLAIMS MUST PROCEED ON AN INDIVIDUAL AND NON-CLASS AND NON-REPRESENTATIVE BASIS.