College can be some of the most fun and exciting years of your life. However, you may need to budget your spending during your time in school. Budgeting for meals can be difficult, but that’s why we’re here to help! Here’s a list of 10 inexpensive college meals.
10 Inexpensive College Meals:
- Ramen Noodles – This can be one of the most inexpensive meals a student can buy. Consider adding a few vegetables or meat to mix up the flavor, so you don’t get tired of the same meal.
- Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup – All you need is a can of tomato soup, a loaf of bread, butter, and cheese. This quick and easy meal will make your dollar stretch because once you buy all of the ingredients, you can make several servings.
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich – Keep it simple in times when money is tight. All you need is peanut butter, jelly, and a loaf of bread. You can never go wrong with this quick on-the-go meal when you’re running to class.
- Stir Fry – This meal can save money and be healthy all at once. You just need your favorite veggies, meat (if you choose), olive oil, and soy sauce. You can also add different seasonings to mix it up. Overall, it’s an inexpensive meal that can also create a large portion of leftovers.
- Loaded Potato – You don’t need that many ingredients to make this tasty meal. All you need is a potato, cheese, sour cream, and bacon. It’s quick to make and can be filling while still light on the wallet.
- Cheese Quesadilla – A simple yet effective meal that can leave you full and content. Tortillas, cheese, and some salsa is all you need to make this quick and thrifty meal. This can also suffice as an on-the-go meal.
- Smoothies – This is a simple and healthy meal with lots of options. All you have to do is buy the berries you like, yogurt, and milk. It’s easy to mix it up and change your smoothie flavor so it never gets old.
- Avocado Toast – It’s tasty and inexpensive, what more could you ask! All you need is an avocado, bread, eggs, and any seasoning you may want on top (we recommend everything bagel seasoning). It’s simple to make, and fuel!
- Tortilla Pizza Roll-Ups – Perfect for late-night snacking. Spread pizza sauce, cheese, and any other desired toppings on a tortilla and then roll it up and heat! Ready in seconds.
- Fried Rice – This is a quick and easy meal while being very filling! All you need to do is heat leftover rice from previous meals, add in your favorite veggies (bean sprouts, carrots, peas), scrambled eggs, topped with soy sauce.
Saving money can be fun and even better with friends! Most of these meals can be bought in bulk and at an affordable price. That way you’ll still be able to enjoy tasty meals while not spending too much money. For a fun and quick treat to make for dessert, check out this recipe.
Good luck this semester! We hope these 10 inexpensive college meals spark some variety within your eating habits while still saving money! Don’t forget to follow Collegeboxes for more tips and tricks on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!