You must keep a close watch on payment dates, their late fees are brutal.
- No Deposit or Admin Fee
- Controlled Access for Your Protection
- 24-Hour Video Monitoring
- Indoor Storage: Twice the Protection and Security
- Heated storage: Just like your home!
- Free Online Account Management
- Make Your Payment Online!
- Ask About Our Automatic Credit-Card Payment Plan
- Move-In Trucks
- Padlocks, Boxes, Packing Supplies
- SafeStor Protection
- Open 7 Days
- Clean - Dry - Secure
- Package Signing and Receiving
- 1 MONTH FREE:Ask about our 1 month free self-storage offer with a one way truck or trailer reservation!
- NO DEPOSIT OR ADMIN FEE:No Deposit Required and $0.00 Admin Fee
Storage Spaces Available at this Facility
(All Sizes are Approximate)
7' x 9' x 6'
Split Level 1st Floor Street Level Heated
1-2 Bedroom Home (up to 1,200 sq. ft.)
1 Unit Left!
U-Box® Containers for Moving and Storage
We deliver U-Box containers, you pack them up and we store them in our secure warehouse. Load at your own pace! Just give us a call when you want us to pick up or drop off your U-Boxes.
Choose U-Haul as Your Storage Place in Detroit, Michigan, 48228
Conveniently located at 19001 Joy Rd, U-Haul Moving & Storage at Southfield Frwy & Joy Rd is one of U-Haul’s premier self-storage facilities. Offering a clean, dry and secure environment, this storage facility has no cost to reserve and offers a wide range of options for customers' storage needs.
Small, Medium or Large Units Available
This facility offers a unique variety of unit sizes to fit your needs. Need help choosing the right size? View our Self-Storage Size Guide for additional help.
- 24-Hour Access Available: Ask if 24-hour self-storage is available. Access your belongings when you need outside of standard access hours.
- Climate Controlled Storage: This facility keeps temperatures between 65 to 85 degrees year-round depending on the system to protect your items against temperature and humidity.
Storage Customer Reviews
Craig the manager was very polite and helpful to me
Customer did not leave a comment.
The manager an staff are very helpful.
Great Service, Quick and Helpful!
I was misinformed about the size of the storage unit and also after hours returns. It’s not told I needed to get the mileage before leaving the keys in the drop box, so I was charged an additional $20
The employees that helped me at the Joy rd location were very helpful and patient with me.
Reserved a storage unit, was sent to a location that didn’t have the size/price I wanted. Was then charged for the unit I didn’t want/need/ask for. Thanks uhaul
Great service. They got us going reasonably fast. Came back early the next morning. Same thing. Quick inspection if the truck. Adjusted my final bill. On my way.
The lights go out after 5min. and you have to walk all the way down the hallway for them to come back on, some of us have 24 hour excess as long as there is movement lights should stay on.
The worst customer Service I ever had in my life.
Patient and very knowledgeable; though it was early morning, the team was able to accommodate me in the nicest way. Plus donut shop coffee!
For the price I believe it could be a little bit bigger
I really appreciate Craig and the Staff at U-haul on Joy Rd. Will use their service again.
Manager Craig Jordan Was not helpful and didn't do his job correctly
My experience here was great staff were nice never had any problems I would recommend this facility to anyone
Moved in,saw roach.Prayed it was a fluck.Came back 2 put something away 2nd customer saw roach.Moved out a wk later,roach made it on truck.Didn’t kill got in house.Sprayed house.Very angry&grossed out
The employees are fast and respect your moving situations during stressful times
When the rent went up they said they mailed out a letter I never recieved a letter. I got emails for everything else even this rating. I had to pay more An didn’t know why or that they went up.