How to Return a Truck Using U-Haul Self Return
Moving doesn’t always occur during regular business hours. That's why at U-Haul, we've made it possible to return your equipment at any time, day or night. Not only that, but we've also made sure the process is quick and easy. With U-Haul Self Return, you can return your moving truck rental after hours in just a few minutes. Here's how it works.
What is U-Haul Self Return?
U-Haul Self Return allows you to self-pick up or self-return your truck rental outside of normal business hours using only your phone and the U-Haul App. Simply start the return process inside the U-Haul App, snap some photos, answer a few questions, and you’ll be on your way.
Here's what you'll need:
- A smart phone to take photos
- An internet connection
- A U-Haul account
Returning Your U-Haul Truck in Six Easy Steps
To get started, park your truck and leave the keys in the ignition.
- Sign into your U-Haul account on the U-Haul App or uhaul.com.
- After signing in, select the “Return My Truck” button.
- Follow the instructions on the next few screens to make sure you truck is parked in the correct area. Be sure not to block entrances or exits.
- Answer the questions on the next few screens about your mileage, truck performance, and cleanliness. Make sure to report any new damage to the vehicle. You will be required to take and upload some photos.
- Review the pending charges, then select complete truck return to finish returning your truck.
- Lastly, lock the truck and look for the key drop box or slot. Drop your keys in the designated drop box or slot and you are all set.
During the next business day, we’ll verify the information you provided. We’ll also assess additional fees if mileage or fuel readings are misreported and/or damage is found. With Truck Share 24/7 and U-Haul Self Return, you can own your move by returning and picking up your rental on your schedule. It’s that simple!
Use this guide to learn more about renting a truck using U-Haul Truck Share 24/7.
Tips For Returning Your Truck After Hours
Remove Your Belongings From the Vehicle – Double check that you have your phone, car keys, purse, phone, and any other personal belongings before you hit the road. It sounds simple, but if you’re in a rush, it can be easy to leave something behind.
Download the U-Haul App Before Arriving – The self-return process is easier and faster when you use the U-Haul App. To save yourself some extra time, make sure you have the app downloaded before you arrive if you don’t already have it on your phone.
Have Your Account Log in Information Ready – To keep the process seamless and moving forward, we recommend ensuring you have your log in information ready. That means you know your password and which email is associated with your account ahead of time.
Ensure Your Phone is Ready for Use – This may seem obvious but be sure your phone is charged and capable of connecting to the internet. You will also need to take photos, so having a working camera and available storage space is a must for a successful self-return.
If you have questions about the rental or return process, please visit our Contact page and get in touch with a U-Haul representative.
More Articles About Loading and Driving: