We believe the primary responsibility of U-Haul is to develop products and services to help people move and store their household and commercial goods in an economically, environmentally and socially responsible manner. To accomplish this, we:
- Continually improve the environmental, social, and economic performance of our products, services and activities.
- Pursue proactive solutions to pollution prevention, energy conservation and waste reduction in accordance with our principles to reduce, adaptively-reuse and recycle materials.
- Provide a safe, healthy and supportive environment that helps build a high-performing, diverse workforce.
- Integrate environmentally-friendly technologies and innovations into product and service lifecycle management.
- Develop and implement comprehensive climate-change strategies to manage and mitigate our greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Promote sustainable local communities through operational responsibility, social investment, and philanthropic programs in accordance with our principles of availability, accessibility, affordability, and accountability.
- Enhance stakeholder engagement through active and effective communications to our customers, employees, dealers, shareholders, governments and communities, and business partners and suppliers.
We conduct business in a sustainable manner. We owe it to our children and grandchildren to take the long-term view of our operations, not just the quarterly or annual profit and loss statement. Short-term gains may result in long-term losses, both in terms of profitability and in terms of future generations being able to meet their needs. How carefully we utilize the resources, tools, equipment and facilities we have today determines our tomorrow.