Moving Tips & Services to New Orleans, LA
New Orleans, known as the Crescent City, the Big Easy or NOLA, continues to wow visitors and locals alike with its famous cuisine, jazz music, memorable festivals, and unique blend of cultures. Things here happen at a much slower pace, allowing you to leisurely enjoy your days. Of course, that doesn’t mean there isn’t anything exciting to do here! Not only renowned for its Mardi Gras celebrations, there are numerous festivals, parades, and events throughout the year for all ages to attend. Located off of the Mississippi River, this former French settlement combines elements of French, Spanish, African, and Creole cultures to form its own unique customs and traditions. The architecture can be breathtaking, and southern hospitality is instilled in New Orleans’ residents. It’s no shock to see that New Orleans is one of the fastest growing cities in the United States; if you’re ready to make the move, U-Haul has all the know-how and services to get you there!
Helpful Moving Tips for Relocating to New Orleans, Louisiana
We understand that being unfamiliar in the new city could be tough for you, and that is why we are here to give you a hand for an effortless move! With around seven U-Haul locations in New Orleans, we will provide you with all the guidance and help you need for a successful moving experience.
- Moving Season – From February to May, the weather is relatively comfortable; however, celebrations will be in full swing and may cause some interruptions in your transition into the city. December and January will be a bit calmer. Should you move in the summer or fall, the climate can be hot and humid. For the course of the year, it is typically rare for temperatures to exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit or drop below 25 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Humidity – If you plan on needing some storage, make sure it is well ventilated to prevent any of your belongings from deterioration or damages. We offer humidity controlled self-storage centers in and around New Orleans to make sure your goods stay in perfect condition.
- Busy Streets – As is the case with many highly trafficked and large cities, highways can occasionally contain debris and trash. Stay vigilant as you drive to avoid these obstacles. The city can also be cramped and busy, so make sure to be extra careful while driving. Our Moving Helpers®, who are highly experienced in working around the city, could do the work for you while you sit down and relax!
- Festival Season – New Orleans is known for their extravagant festivals and celebrations, such as the famous Mardi Gras and the Jazz Fest. Check the city's event calendar to avoid traffic and huge crowds when moving.
- Experience NOLA – Take some time to appreciate one of New Orleans's main attractions, such as the Mississippi River, the Mercedez-Benz Superdome, Bourbon Street, the Garden District, and many more. For more insight into the city, you can visit one of the many museums scattered throughout the city.
Find nearby storage units, Moving Help®, and truck rental locations in New Orleans.