Information and Moving Tips in New York City, NY
They say that if you could make it in New York, you can make it anywhere. With an immense population of more than 8.4 million, New York City continues to welcome future residents with open arms. With its tremendous culture, one-of-a-kind views of endless skyscrapers, and the Statue of Liberty, the universal symbol of freedom and democracy, who would not want to live within this iconic metropolis?
Moving Tips and Services for Relocating to New York City, NY
Moving to the city could be a little challenging sometimes, but we will be there to cater to your transportation needs. Stop by any of our many New York City locations, and we will be more than happy to help you.
- Advanced Packing – New York City is very fast paced. Every second counts, and no one wants to experience enraged drivers honking for blocking traffic or perhaps even receive a ticket. Be sure to have all your belongings packed up and ready to go, all organized in boxes, before you get the truck. This will reduce the time spent loading/unloading them.
- Ask for Help – One of the best ways for a more efficient move is to either ask some friends who might live in the area or hire the pros at MovingHelp® to do the work for you!
- Travel Light – With the city's narrow streets, renting a light commercial vehicle, such as a U-Haul 9’ cargo van or an 8’ pickup truck, may be the best move. Both surprisingly provide you with a lot of room and give you more street space and fewer complications throughout your move.
- Secure a Spot – Learn some tricks! If you own a car, park it in front of your apartment building and then swap it with your moving truck when it is time for you to unload. Also, let your superintendent know in advance when you would need the elevator to be reserved for moving purposes to avoid delays.
- Need More Space? – Let us securely store some of your belongings at one of our 20 conveniently located U-Haul storage facilities in and throughout the city!
Find nearby Moving Help®, and truck rental locations in New York City.