Tips and Tricks for Moving to West Palm Beach, FL
Known as the Orchid City or the WPB, West Palm Beach has been bringing a wealth of happiness and joy to all its residents since the early 1900's. A vibrant city with palm-lined streets, spectacular waterfront views, and historic and scenic neighborhoods, it is the perfect place to relocate. With a "fun in the sun" atmosphere, West Palm Beach has endless outdoor activities and festivals to keep you and your family healthy and active. Not only are there beautiful parks, historic districts, and shops, but there are also annual festivals for people of all ages to enjoy. For example, the SunFest Festival is a yearly art, music, and waterfront event that has showcased current artists, such as Carrie Underwood, John Mayer, Bob Dylan, and many more! If you are looking for a vibrant, culturally diverse, and historic city, then look no further than West Palm Beach, Florida!
Quick Tips for Relocating to West Palm Beach, Florida
We are here to give you a helping hand for a smooth transition into your new home! With more than 15 U-Haul locations in West Palm Beach, you will surely get all the help you need for a successful moving process. Here are some simple moving tips to remember:
- Moving Season – The city brings out its most extreme high and low weather in the summer and winter, respectively. Make sure to schedule your move for the fall or early spring to achieve a cool and effective relocation process.
- Humidity – Proper storage is crucial when moving, especially in humid climates. For all those extra pieces of furniture or family antiques, make sure to find a well-ventilated storage unit to prevent any of your belongings from becoming damaged. With an average daily humidity of 73% in WPB, Florida, we offer humidity controlled self-storage centers to make sure your household items stay out of harms way.
- Festival Season – West Palm Beach is known for their outdoor actvities and festivals, such as the famous SunFest and Palm Beaches Marathon & Run Fest. Always be sure to check the city's event calendar to avoid traffic and huge crowds when moving, especially if you are relocating downtown.
- Move Smarter – Get the job done faster by color coordinating boxes. Designate a color for each room in the new home, such as yellow for the kitchen, and apply colored stickers to the boxes and the door of each new room. It is also helpful to stack all the color-coordianted boxes in one area for easy access and avoidance of high-flow traffic areas.
- Experience Your New Community – Take some time to appreciate West Palm Beach's main attractions, such as the Palm Beach Zoo, the South Florida Science Center and Aquarium, Peanut Island, Mounts Botanical Garden, and many more. For those interested in the nightlife, be sure to check out Clematis Street. There are a number of bars and resturants in the area as well the City Commons, which contains an ampitheatre, docks and a water fountain. Enjoy!
Find nearby Moving Help®, and truck rental locations in West Palm Beach.